Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

2016 Civic makes knocking noise whenever hitting bumps

Old 11-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dezso3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 2016 Civic makes knocking noise whenever hitting bumps

When I leased my Civic from Planet Honda, it had around 2 miles on the odometer. When I first drove it, it appeared to be fine. After about 200 miles or so, it started to make knocking noises on the front right side, and at the same time, the steering felt crooked and very loose, especially when making right turns. I took it back to the dealership and they determined that the right front shock absorber was defective, so they replaced it (or so they said). After driving away with a supposedly fixed car, the knocking noises persist, and the steering is still crooked and very loose. Is it possible they didn't do the repair work in the first place?
Old 11-18-2016
Registered!!

Unhappy 2016 Civic sedan has loose steering

Is it just me, or does the 2016 Civic LX sedan have steering that is too light or loose? I feel like I have to slow down extra just to make a turn because I have to turn the steering wheel a lot to make the car turn. It feels much lighter than my old car, which was a 2014 Civic LX sedan.
Old 11-18-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Civic makes knocking noise whenever hitting bumps

When I leased my Civic from Planet Honda, it had around 2 miles on the odometer. When I first drove it, it appeared to be fine. After about 200 miles or so, it started to make knocking noises on the front right side, and at the same time, the steering felt crooked and very loose, especially when making right turns. I took it back to the dealership and they determined that the right front shock absorber was defective, so they replaced it (or so they said). After driving away with a supposedly fixed car, the knocking noises persist, and the steering is still crooked and very loose. Is it possible they didn't do the repair work in the first place?
Lots of possibilities.
Take it back to the dealer.

Do NOT just tell them there is a noise and hand over the keys.

Take someone from the service department for a quick ride to demonstrate your issue. (Preferably the tech who will work on it) Do this so everyone is on the same page about what your issue is.

If you pick up the car and realize the problem is not fixed, turn around and take it back. Immediately.

Repeat until problem is fixed.
Old 11-18-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Civic sedan has loose steering

Is it just me, or does the 2016 Civic LX sedan have steering that is too light or loose? I feel like I have to slow down extra just to make a turn because I have to turn the steering wheel a lot to make the car turn. It feels much lighter than my old car, which was a 2014 Civic LX sedan.
Post moved.

You know how the car drove when it had 2 miles on it.
Wait until the problem above is fixed.
Test drive a couple other identical cars while you are waiting at the dealership.

Also.....I see a pattern here. It seems like your posting history is issues with potholes and loose steering complaints.
Old 11-19-2016
Registered!!

Re: 2016 Civic sedan has loose steering

Originally Posted by ezone
Post moved.

You know how the car drove when it had 2 miles on it.
Wait until the problem above is fixed.
Test drive a couple other identical cars while you are waiting at the dealership.

Also.....I see a pattern here. It seems like your posting history is issues with potholes and loose steering complaints.
I test drove an identical Civic with 22 miles on it and the steering also felt very loose on this one, even though it hadn't hit any potholes. The underlying problem here is these cars have electric power steering. I remember how my 1996 Civic with hydraulic power steering drove; it practically turned on a dime.
Old 11-19-2016

1996 and 2016 are not the same cars at all.
No comparison whatsoever.
Old 11-02-2023
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
93IndyCivicGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

In case anyone is searching posts for clunking from the front suspension, my 2016 Civic experienced a clunking over all bumps and it turned out to be a small rock trapped in the subframe tunnel where the front sway bar passes through. Dealer removed the sway bar and applied compressed air and rock came flying out. Reassembled and clunk was gone.
The following users liked this post:
BrotatoChip (11-03-2023)

Search this Thread