10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

2016 Civic, Nonstop Ringer w/ Android

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baileywf is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Civic, Nonstop Ringer w/ Android

I have a 2016 Civic Touring which I have been using with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the Handsfree Link system. The phone worked great with the car until the phone updated itself to Android Pie a few weeks ago. Now when an incoming call hits the system, the ringer on the Handsfree Link never stops even after I disconnect the call. I can get it to stop by calling someone else but as soon as that call is disconnected, the ringer comes back on the audio system and all music stops. The only way to stop the ringer on the car is to cut the car off or reboot the audio system by holding down the power on/off button on the touchscreen display. Neither one of these can be done safely while still driving! Anyone else had this experience?

I talked to the Handsfree Link Technical Support folks and they suggested I try to pair another phone running an earlier version of Android. I did this and the car did NOT have the problem. So I'm thinking it is an issue on the Android side of things. Thanks in advance for any info!

Old 03-12-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Civic, Nonstop Ringer w/ Android

That's a weird glitch!
At least you know it's because of the phone update instead of the car being broken

About all I can think of is

Make the radio do a 'factory data reset' (in one of the settings menus)
Delete the phone from the radio (in case the step above didn't erase the phone from the radio)
Delete the car from the phone

Then start fresh and pair the phone to the car again