General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Would this piss you off

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dnj571 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would this **** you off

I am a new 2018 Honda Civic owner, financing the car. I bought it back in mid July and have just made the 3rd payment (oct), all on time. My total milage is already 6,000+ oil life 30% (used the car a lot). So I scheduled an oil change cause it's hard for me to get free time.

I scheduled an appointment days in advance for an oil change , no problems. When I got there, I parked the car in the Honda service auto garage and got out. Nobody was there for several minutes, not a problem I'm patient. Finally some woman comes to me and we go to the office and I tell her I want an oil change. She goes back to my car, checks the VIN. Everything is up on her computer. She says it will cost me $45. I told her I got the maintenance service coverage, she immediately agreed, so now it's free. It's no big deal. We had no altercations.

What pissed me off is what she said next. "I checked for recalls, you're ok'. It was totally unprovoked.

So now I feel like I'm some bum that just got vindicated.

The oil change took over 90 minutes, over 20 minutes what she said it would take. Since it's covered, I didn't argue. Then afterwards, she said I'd get an email and only a perfect excellent score would help her. Never got an email!

​​​​​​
Old 10-15-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Would this **** you off

She's actually doing you a good service by telling you that there a are no current recalls on your car. It's means she took the initiative to check. As far as the oil change 90 minutes is a long time but that may have included a thorough inspection of your vehicle in addition to the oil change?

​​​​​​
Old 10-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dnj571
What pissed me off is what she said next. "I checked for recalls, you're ok'. It was totally unprovoked.​​​​​​
The dealer is required to check the VIN of EVERY Honda/Acura that comes in for service, EVERY TIME a work order is generated.

and only a perfect excellent score would help her. Never got an email!
The advisor is not supposed to tell a customer this: Their pay system depends heavily on excellent survey scores. It's an archaic pay system that totally hinges on the customers perception and almost nothing the SA is in actual control of.

I'm not sure how it works, but it's my understanding that not every customer gets a survey from Honda from every dealer visit.

Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
The dealer is required to check the VIN of EVERY Honda/Acura that comes in for service, EVERY TIME a work order is generated.

The advisor is not supposed to tell a customer this: Their pay system depends heavily on excellent survey scores. It's an archaic pay system that totally hinges on the customers perception and almost nothing the SA is in actual control of.

I'm not sure how it works, but it's my understanding that not every customer gets a survey from Honda from every dealer visit.
No prob with the VIN, of course.

I had a tire replaced there too weeks ago the guy abruptly said only excellent scores count.
Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

other then the long wait time.....which should be expected at dealers, i dont see anything in there i would be upset or angry about
Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mikey1
other then the long wait time.....which should be expected at dealers, i dont see anything in there i would be upset or angry about
I don't agree. They should obviously check, and if it's good say nothing.

I've learned just how incompetent the computer system is.
Old 10-15-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Most customers are quite happy that we do check and inform them of their cars recall status.
??

Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

Most customers are quite happy that we do check and inform them of their cars recall status.
??
Well, you have some shady customers. 🙂
Old 10-15-2018

Well, you have some shady customers. 🙂
You spelled 'happy' wrong.
Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

You spelled 'happy' wrong.
Shill
Old 10-15-2018
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

"Oh my god I am going to die. I bought a honda and watched the news and the news told me my car is going to kill me. Is my car safe? What do you mean its safe? How do you know it is safe?" From some random owner

Are you in the US? The US media has been blasting honda for almost 10 years about the safety of honda airbags. Those airbags are under a federal recall. People are scared of them because PEOPLE HAVE DIED from those airbags. The problem with them was entirely due to a supplier that supplied them to honda, Toyota, dodge, and ford, and maybe some others I don't know about. People are concerned about those airbags. The supplier was corrupt and knew about safety issues and did nothing, which left the car companies holding the bag.

Why did a service advisor tell you that there are no recalls? Because now you know that your car does NOT need an airbag recall, so when you see a news story about it next week you won't get scared and wet yourself everytime you drive your car.

Congrats on your new to you car purchases. Those were pretty good civics.

For the record I have had to change the airbag in mine twice now due to this recall.
Old 10-15-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

OP: So, hearing good information such as your car doesn't need any recall service pisses you off? I guess you'd really go into dick-mode if they told you it did need recall service...lol
Old 10-15-2018

Originally Posted by mcnoople
so when you see a news story about it next week you won't get scared and wet yourself everytime you drive your car.

Old 10-15-2018
Registered!!

I'm not up to terms with defintions. I should've said repossession.

No email or text follow ups.
Old 04-03-2019
Registered!!

Charby is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told I would get a survey after purchase from Honda, never did, but kept getting promo ads from dealership of car discounts after 1 month. Really…. They went on the unsubscribe list soon after.
I don't agree with "only excellent will count" as they will get what they earn from me, and I understand things can delay appointments to a point.
Nice for them to automatically check on recalls if any.
Old 04-03-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Older thread, but I'll contribute. I work customer service and deal with customer surveys a lot. Up until the beginning of the new year, our survey system was an all-or-nothing kind deal. If we didn't get 10/10 on everything, it was a failing grade. A lot of customer survey systems out there work like that, and it's zero fault of the people you deal with, it's from the top -- the ones that have almost complete disconnect with the customer base. It's a shitty system because many people out there don't know that, and many people have the "no one gets a perfect score, because nothing is ever 100% perfect" or "unless they went above and beyond the above and beyond, they don't get 100%" attitudes with regards to the surveys.

Pretty much, what the head honchos hope to get out of these surveys is, "if the customer got what they needed, they're gonna leave us a perfect score." Yeah, that's not how people think.

/rant
Old 04-03-2019
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Older thread, but I'll contribute. I work customer service and deal with customer surveys a lot. Up until the beginning of the new year, our survey system was an all-or-nothing kind deal. If we didn't get 10/10 on everything, it was a failing grade.
when i bought my new 2018 civic that is EXACTLY what the salesman told me, when he asked me to fill out a survey

at the time i thought he was joking, or BSing me, but maybe it was the truth....i just never tend to trust salesmen.....Lol
Old 04-03-2019

In the dealership arena, MANY peoples paychecks depend on excellent survey scores
Old 04-03-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...ya I wouldn't send OP a review email either. Lol

Good luck OP hope today your day is better.
Old 04-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ducebigalow is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see an issue with the service tech checking the vin for anything while you are there. I have never been asked to fill out a survey from the dealership by anyone. Sometimes I get sent one automatically from the recent service and I do fill them out and try to be as accurate with them. I don't think the service tech should be saying or suggesting a score rating. I did not know that anyone benefitted from it directly other than the dealerships rating, but I am from Canada and maybe it's different here?

If you are un-happy with the type of service then I would suggest going to another dealership. I have, even if it means driving 45mins out of my way.
Old 04-07-2019
Registered!!

Lunatrix is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought my 2018 Civic from a dealer who gives free oil changes for the life of the vehicle (Yes, I know this is a chance for them to try to find something to charge you for).So ,at 4,000 miles I bring it in for a free oil change. 30 minutes later, the service adviser advises me the car is ready, Oh and we washed it. All no charge. She asked me if I found anything unsatisfactory so we could address it now. She explained that I would get a survey, and she would appreciate a favorable rating. Well 2 weeks came and went with no survey, so I figured they forgot. 6 weeks later, I get the survey in my Email. I guess they may just be slow...