10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

Audio Off

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FClifford is an unknown quantity at this point
Audio Off

I've had the car for a week, and now there is no audio. The screen shows a message that Navigation lost power, and to press Power button for two seconds. I don't know if I followed the sequence correctly, but I got to a screen that asked for a pin number. I didn't see anywhere to set a pin number. Also I didn't think the EX-L had navigation. How do I get my radio back on? It doesn't do any good to press the SOURCE button.
Old 09-22-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Audio Off

Under warranty take it to the dealer.
Old 09-22-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FClifford
I've had the car for a week, and now there is no audio. The screen shows a message that Navigation lost power, and to press Power button for two seconds. I don't know if I followed the sequence correctly, but I got to a screen that asked for a pin number. I didn't see anywhere to set a pin number. Also I didn't think the EX-L had navigation. How do I get my radio back on? It doesn't do any good to press the SOURCE button.

How did the radio quit and lock up? Battery went dead for some reason? (dead battery is the usual reason, many people run the battery down accidentally and after a jump start it's fine again)
If the radio did this for no obvious reason, take it to the dealer ---and the radio needs to be in some abnormal (failure) mode or locked when you get there. If it's working normally when thy see it they won't be able to do anything

If you want to retry the lock/unlock, you could disconnect a battery cable to make the radio lock up then go thru the unlock process again:
Usual procedure:
Start the engine, wait for the radio to boot up to the 'lost power' screen, and hold the power button down until the radio comes on like it says on the screen
Then you may get the screen that says it's looking for the satellite signal, sit the car outside with it running until it finds a satellite, then the display goes back to normal.
Old 09-23-2018
Registered!!

The battery is not dead as the car starts just fine. Also this doesn't explain the pin number. I know it wants a pin number, because if I enter anything, it say "incorrect pin number." I'm not sure what the lock/unlock process is. I'm reviewing the manual. Maybe it will have some answers. I think I now know what POWER button means. I thought it was the start button.
Old 09-23-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Also this doesn't explain the pin number. I know it wants a pin number, because if I enter anything, it say "incorrect pin number."
Going from memory here

If you did not perform the unlock procedure correctly (ACCY mode or incorrect button pushed) it may ask for the 4 digit unlock code to be entered manually, and you do not have that code.

Abort, retry? Make it show the locked screen asking you to hold the power button again:

The car should be running before you hold the power button as instructed
The radio must be able to read the electronic VIN before it will unlock, and it can only receive that data while the other control units in the car are powered up (ignition ON/engine running).

I think I now know what POWER button means.
Universal on/off (power) symbol?

Top left corner of a touchscreen radio?

Also I didn't think the EX-L had navigation.
The radio chassis is basically the same as used on units with navigation, but has different software.
Radios have become fancy computers that just happen to make some noise. Computers do weird things sometimes, and sometimes a reboot solves some issues--just like any other PC/laptop/tablet/phone LOL
Old 09-23-2018
Registered!!

I got it. It had said press the power button for two seconds or more. I had shut off the engine and pressed the start button for two seconds without stepping on the break. Then I read in the manual that there is (another) power button. I still don't know how it happened in the first place.