10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

New Guy 2018 Civic Coupe Si

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alibaba is an unknown quantity at this point
New Guy 2018 Civic Coupe Si

Hey guys just signed up here been reading the posts, have a black Civic Si Coupe really enjoying it. I gotta say the most surprising thing about this car is the highway mileage, the trip meter is saying I'm getting 51 MPG, is this correct?

Old 03-22-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Guy 2018 Civic Coupe Si

Just got the car or something?
51 might be easy to hit if you do mostly conservative highway runs at 55 MPH or something, but I don't think I could keep that very long as I drive 95% city

is this correct?
Write gallons and odometer (or tripmeter) at each fill up and calculate by hand, every time (at least until you know how accurate the display is).......the display isn't always 100% accurate. Especially if you never reset a tripmeter. (economy display will restart at zero when you reset a tripmeter, and each trip meter carries its own MPG calculation)
Surely there's a phone app if you can't math it out manually (miles driven divided by gallons consumed)

Set display up (settings, vehicle, meter) to reset trip A (or B) with each fill up automatically, that way you can watch your fuel economy on the display change as you go through each tank of gas....and you won't have to remember to manually hit the reset button each fill up.

You can set these to reset with each tank fill, or reset each time the car is shut off.
You can leave one to be reset manually, that way you could track mileage over a long trip or several tank fills.

Lots of choices. Choose to your advantage LOL

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-23-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Darn son that's some good mileage you need to bring that down with some mods. lol
Old 03-23-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I thought this thread title and content looked familiar. Just looked at (what I can only presume is) your thread over at civicx. lol
Old 03-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alibaba is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that's me on the other site, spreading my love lol. I'm not consistently getting 51 MPG, more like 35 MPG. I was testing it out on the highway for about 20 miles, cruise control at 60 MPH and I was amazed it got 51 MPG, who needs a Prius! The car is great I test drove a bunch of cars prior and for me the 2018 Civic Si Coupe checked the most boxes. I just wish there weren't so many of them around lol.
Old 03-23-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alibaba
Yes that's me on the other site, spreading my love lol. I'm not consistently getting 51 MPG, more like 35 MPG.
I drive a 12 Civic.... Long ago (on the stock LRR tires and wheels) I used to be able to hit something like 53MPG driving extremely steady 50-55 mph on a somewhat regular trip to see my sisters family an hour away....but as soon as I made a stop or turned or hit traffic, that number dropped like a rock.

Now it's on huge wheels and wider tires, the only way it will get that kind of mileage now is if I drive it down a mountain or drop it out of a plane.