10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

2017 Civic EX steering wheel defect

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kimberly Dean is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry 2017 Civic EX steering wheel defect

I just purchased a 2017 civic ex sedan last week. My first day of driving it, I noticed there is a hole behind the steering wheel. It feels as if someone picked at the leather with their nail. It’s annoying and I feel it everytime I drive. I took it in to service to get it fixed because it’s a brand new car and it should not have that on there. After many hours later they told me that it was a problem with the manufacturing and apparently most if not all 2017 civics have this hole behind their steering wheel. I really feel like they’re giving me BS because they don’t want to take the time to replace the whole steering wheel. But if it’s a brand new car and I’m paying for it, I feel like it shouldn’t have this flaw that looks like someone clearly did on their own on a test drive or whatever.

Does any other 2017 civic owners have this flaw/defect behind their steering wheel?? Or is this Honda BSing me?
Old 11-08-2017
Registered!!

2016Touring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2017 Civic EX steering wheel defect

I think their BSing you I do not have this problem on my 2016 Touring
Old 11-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Walk into their showroom or new car lot and check a few for yourself
Leather trim packages--EXL and Touring-- and SI package all have different steering wheels from EX and LX trims.

If the exact same steering wheels all have it, it's considered normal.
Old 02-20-2018
Registered!!

Ragaboo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the 2018 Civic EX hatchback, and I noticed the opposite: little bumps on the back of the steering wheel on both sides, at about the 10 and 2 positions. Felt like something was peeling off, so I took a look, and it seems like a manufacturing defect where it was cut off at those points a bit too roughly.
Old 05-06-2018
Registered!!

manj is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem. bought it on 5/5/2018. taking it to dealership and see what they say