10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

Used Luxury car or new Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alicats1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Used Luxury car or new Honda?

Love the looks of the new Civic, but I need something a little larger for safety reasons.

Considering brand new 2017 Accord Sport or 2015 Certified Acura TLX (15K miles). The Accord feels a little big, but it is a new car without any known issues. The TLX has known potential transmission issues, and it is used, but I love the appearance and ride quality.

Any thoughts/opinions would be very much appreciated. I can't decide.
Old 10-17-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Used Luxury car or new Honda?

...well it is a very bad idea to buy any car new that will lose %20 of it's value once you start the car.

I'd say to buy something cheap like an old 2002 suv of some sort; then wait until you find some dumb kid who couldn't afford the lease on a 2017 accord/acura tlx; then cut a deal as the second owner.
Old 10-18-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

A lot of newer cars seem bloated: heavy and lack driver engagement. Really depends on how you view a potential car. Do you want one that's reliable, comfortable that will get you from A to Z..or do you want one that's reliable, fun to drive and you look forward to driving it?

My limitied experience with certified pre-owned is that dealerships keep the prices of them within a thousand $ or so of new models (of same car) so it makes it very enticing to just buy a new one for near the same price.

They're both fall under the Honda reputation for build quality so the one you can see yourself looking forward to getting behind the wheel in should tip the scale towards. You may want to consider test driving other manufacturers in your price range and car class. Toyota Camry's are looking much better these days inside and out. Mazda 6 is very nice and known to be engaging for the driver.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 10-18-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Should be able to find a used accord sport at a dealership. Especially since the new 2018 models have hit the showroom.

And the transmission issues on the TLX only apply to the 9 speed auto sourced from the German parts supplier ZF.
Old 10-19-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I like the Accord Sport idea. I loved my wife’s 08 TL when she had it though. Either way used is best imo.