10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

2016 Civic Touring locked up brakes by itself

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tracy Fort is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Civic Touring locked up brakes by itself

Going to work yesterday morning... For what ever reason my Civic locked up all wheels and came to a complete stop from appx 35 mph in about 40 feet or so in the middle of an intersection. There was no cars in front of me. The amber brake light came on, the car braked by itself, it slid to a stop, shut itself off, the dash lights and all indicator lights were very dim it started flashing no fob detected ( or whatever word it uses for no fob). The car would not respond to anything I tried to do. After about 2 minutes everything returned to normal. The car started and ran fine. Still has not acted up again. Now I'm trying to remember exact details as the truck behind me has his brakes locked and is sliding towards me. He gets stopped with about 6 inches to spare. Very scary situation...I talked to the dealer and get the "Never heard of that before". Anyone else have this happen?
Old 09-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Civic Touring locked up brakes by itself

Turn off the CMBS and take it to the dealer
Old 09-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tracy Fort is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2016 Civic Touring locked up brakes by itself

I did go to the dealer...and traded it!