10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

17 Accord Sport or Civic Sedan (EX)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alicats1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
17 Accord Sport or Civic Sedan (EX)?

I need to buy a new car within the next 2 days; I'm looking at the 17 Accord Sport and 17 Civic Sedan (EX), but can't decide! It will be mostly me in the car without any passengers. The Accord seems large for a single person and a little masculine for a female, but I do like the quality of the interior and the height of the car (seats aren't too low). I like the exterior, size, and gas mileage of the Civic, but the car feels way too low and seats are uncomfortable (also doesn't feel quite as safe). Any thoughts/suggestions?
Old 09-07-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 17 Accord Sport or Civic Sedan (EX)?

You might want to wait and see what the 2018 Accord is like.
Once those hit the dealer lots, the price of the 2017 Accords will drop.
Old 09-08-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Personally for me it is a no brainer. I would choose the accord and not think twice about the civic. I drove a 4 cyl CVT accord sedan for work in july. Put about 600 miles on it over 5 days of driving. Averaged 38 mpg at 75-80 mph on the highway. Rides better and much much faster than a 2.0 liter civic. The 1.5t civic is probably faster than the accord.

If you don't consider the civic to be comfortable now, it isn't going to get any better as it ages. I personally consider the current accords to be a very large improvement over the previous accords. The new civics are better than the 2012-2015, but I just don't care for the small rear window and small trunk opening. The only way I would consider a new civic would be the hatchback model.

And I also would NOT buy any honda that doesn't have a volume **** and an fan speed control button. Having to go into the radio menus to adjust fan speed would keep me from buying the civics.

Last edited by mcnoople; 09-08-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-09-2017
Registered!!

MIS3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just like the OP, I usually drive alone and I would choose a Civic coupe. In my opinion, why buy a car with all these space if I drive alone 95% of the time. My current daily commute is a Mercedes coupe and I cannot remember when was the last time I had passenger in the back seats.

I think the new body styles of both the sedan and coupe are great while the coupe has a slight edge. I test drove both the Touring sedan and Si sedan and I found them to be very comfortable. I did not notice if the seats were low, probably because I am used to my current car.

I agree that it is stupid not to have a volume control **** but I did see 2 ***** of climate control.
Old 09-18-2017
Registered!!

Medorrisjr is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the accord. My wife had an '09 Accord with 100k miles. Still ran great, minor mechanical issues. She took it in for an air bag recall. While there she spotted a 2017 Civic Touring loaded...had to have it. (Ugly BTW IMHO.). She took it in for first oil change. Circa 5,000 miles. Front left plastic bumper had fallen down. They charged her $54 to fix that. Left front fog light busted. (Her fault. Follows TOO close). Charged her $78.73 for new fog light, not in stock. When it comes in, another $150 for labor. I noticed left rear wheel has a camber problem. Dealership recommended wheel alignment for $129. All this in A little over 5,000 miles! After 3 new Hondas in 8 years; we're done with Honda. If you have to have a Honda get the Accord. Maybe think about Ford. USA company. Buy USA.

They chargered her $54 to fi
Old 09-18-2017
Registered!!

MIS3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Medorrisjr: Of the 3 issues you mentioned, the first one should be covered either by warranty or by the dealership, The fog light is your wife's fault. The camber issue can be caused by a pothole. Not sure how this would impact the reputation of Honda reliability. .

To the OP:

IMO. The body style of the current Accord (2017) is nothing special. On the other hand, current Civic and 2018 Accord look great.

Since I drive alone or with one passenger 99% of the time, I do not see the need of a bigger car. In fact, I am getting a Civic coupe, either in the Touring or the SI trim. I have to choose manual transmission (and 31 more HP) or Honda Sensing

Last edited by MIS3; 09-18-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Medorrisjr
I noticed left rear wheel has a camber problem. Dealership recommended wheel alignment for $129.
Warranty, as long as there was no obvious impact damage. Alignment is covered for one year/12,000 miles.

Also, negative camber is designed into the rear suspension, at least a full degree negative is spec.

Maybe think about Ford. USA company.
Made in Mexico or Canada LOL
Old 09-19-2017
Registered!!

Medorrisjr is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't be worse than this one...Made in the U.K.