10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

New key condition

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desire68 is an unknown quantity at this point
New key condition

Hey guys,
So today was new car day. It couldn't have rained any harder lol. I collected my Civic Touring in Burgundy night Pearl not that you would know because it was raining so it looked black lol.
Everything went well until I was handed the keys. I looked at them and they looked like they had been doing the rounds for a few years!.
I was like, this is a brand new car, what happened to the brand new keys.
The sales person was totally avoiding the fact that I was not happy with the keys.
So guys, is there a plastic/acrylic polish that I can use to get the scratches out? Kinda crappy really.
Thanks,
Mike.
Old 06-16-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: New key condition

Sounds like you should get a new key fob it you are unhappy with how they appear. Go back and talk to the service department SOON. Has to be within a couple days of delivery. Let them know that the keys looked like that at delivery, promise them that you will give the service department good surveys if they correct your concerns. If they treat you fairly, give them a perfect score on any survey you get about your car. This is how you build a good rapport with your local service department.

Surveys affect the bonus that dealership employees get. If your salesman (or service department) know that they are going to get burned hard by a bad survey they will usually try to correct the problem so that they get surveys that are happy instead of angry.

The price (msrp) for the key for a touring civic is around $50. Cost is even lower. They can afford to make it right or they could even work it as a warranty repair if the paperwork is written with a non working complaint instead of a cosmetic complaint.

Don't try to polish the key, on a new car you shouldn't have to fix those kind of issues at the time of delivery. And congrats on the new car purchase.
Old 06-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desire68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New key condition

Thanks for the reply mcnoople,
It really niggles me that these keys are so scratched up. I went back yesterday as one of my rims, driver side rear was scratched on the face of the rim. Almost impossible to see in the rain but as soon is I got home and in my garage, I was able to see the car properly as it dried out. I called them, the dealership and talked to the sales manager there. He got me in on the day for a replacement wheel. Now that's good service. I even bought keyrings and coffee cups as I was so happy. After all that, I forgot to show them the keys so I'll go back today and see if there is anything they can do.
I love this car, my first experience driving a Honda has been awesome.
Cheers,
Mike