10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

Wimpy horn solution

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thetexan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wimpy horn solution

Just got a new 2017 touring and the wimpy horn that came with it.

Anyone with any experience on how to add a more substantial aftermarket horn to give it a little more bark.

tex
Old 04-05-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Wimpy horn solution

Add one of these:

Take your pick: https://www.google.com/search?site=&...k1.XXyM5JSSoXc
Old 04-05-2017
Registered!!

FLIPDAWG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thetexan
Just got a new 2017 touring and the wimpy horn that came with it.

Anyone with any experience on how to add a more substantial aftermarket horn to give it a little more bark.

tex
I'm in the same boat, I can't stand that horn! I just refuse to use it, my CBR600RR has a tougher sounding horn!
Old 04-05-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I rarely use the joke of a horn that Honda gives the Civics....and, they refuse to change anything.... And likely, never will.
Old 04-05-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by turd_ferguson

That horn is a 6 volt model.

Personally I want more horn on mine and my car doesn't suffer from wimpy horn syndrome. I plan on getting 2 or 4 more horns sourced from 1st gen crv's or 2nd gen odyssey's and installing them in the front. I figure 4 or 6 horns total should get peoples attention. If you add multiple horns make sure to use properly sized wiring and relays to supply power to the horns.

The intersection in front of where I work is very prone to stupid people being stupid. They like to make right turns in front of cross traffic because they aren't smart enough to realize that their red light gives cross traffic the right of way. That same intersection is also where people like to pass traffic on the right at the stop light, they think they are in a turn lane but it isn't a turn lane. I can't count how many near misses I have seen where a car is almost rammed on their passenger side while make a right turn, by some idiot speeding along on the shoulder.
Old 04-06-2017
Registered!!

2016Touring is an unknown quantity at this point

I had one of these https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...it/A-p8240657e on my Geo really got people's attention
Old 04-06-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 2016Touring
I had one of these https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...it/A-p8240657e on my Geo really got people's attention
Can it play Taps or Reveille?
Old 04-07-2017
Registered!!

2016Touring is an unknown quantity at this point

lol
Old 06-13-2017
Registered!!

Russ Rimmerman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm now in the same boat. Bought an EX-T over the weekend and the horn sounds like a muffin speaker. Cannot live with that, what are our options, considering i'm not very handy?
Old 10-13-2017
Registered!!

delucat2 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a pain in the a$$, but can be done in 3 hours. It is not hard to take the bumper cover off, but it is scary and pisses me off that it is so hard.

you need a 10mm wrench, 5mm hex, screwdriver and the ability to cut and splice 22 gauge wire. Also run about 4' of 14ga wire to the new mounting spot because it is too crowded in the fender well on the passenger side. Go either in front of the grill or to the other fender. YTube videos a plenty out there.

I bought a universal dual hella TRUMPET kit from Amazon for $20. You have to peel the bumper cover off and find that stupid little horn hidden by the washer fluid reservoir. I extended the wires and mounted the horns on the large aluminum bar right in front of the a/c condenser. No issues with the fuse and using more power.

Now when I honk... I HONK!
Old 10-19-2017
Registered!!

Tanuktun is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed this one in line with factory horn. More ***** for sure. Was already pulling off the bumper to try and install a new grille

http://amzn.to/2zCVb6Y

if you want to see what it sounds like, just fast forward lol
Old 10-20-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

^ that does sound better. Train horns are awesome if you really want to scare someone!! I forget I have a horn and rarely use it. I do hear it all the time when I lock my car with the remote though but it never really bothered me.
Old 10-20-2017
Registered!!

delucat2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that the 2.0L?
The turbo has 2 things taking up space in that spot - the intercooler and the fog light.
Old 10-23-2017
Here for the food

teezyyoxo is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd put the gen8 accord horn in over anything besides a train horn haha