10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

DRL & Fog Light Hack

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SavedDad is an unknown quantity at this point
DRL & Fog Light Hack

is it possible to get them both on at the same time?
Old 04-01-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: DRL & Fog Light Hack

Why would you want such a thing? And yes a creative person can get them both on at the same time, but I repeat why would you want such a thing.
Old 04-03-2017
Registered!!

SavedDad is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose the light that I would like to have on at the same time are NOT my DRL. The lights that I wish to have on while the Fog Lights are on are the Parking lights.
Old 04-03-2017

mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

So you want to be able to run your fog lights with the running lights? Yup I would want mine to work the same way. This would cause them to turn off when the headlamps are turned off and allow you to use them without the extra glare of the low beam headlamps.

I don't believe there is anyway to easily implement this and retain the factory wiring. If you are really serious about having them operate with the low beams off and the running lights on I think you will need to run your own fog lamp wiring with a separate switch and relay. If I have time later I will look through a wiring diagram to confirm, but I think the fog lamp switch is only powered with the low beams on and there is no way to change that.
Old 04-03-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The law states you can have a max of 4 forward lights on at same time.
Old 04-03-2017

I did look up the diagram. If a person has enough skill with wiring it would be possible to intercept the wiring between the switch and the BCM (body control module) to trigger the foglamps with the low beams off. It would not be something that I can easily tell someone of unknown mechanical skill how to achieve.

The easiest method would be to add your own wiring, relay, and switch. But with a relay, some wire, and a good grounding in automotive electrical theory you could also design a system that does use most of the factory wiring and the original switch.
Old 05-21-2017
Registered!!

ZoSoIV is an unknown quantity at this point

does anybody sell different color DRL bulbs? like amber etc