10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

2016 Civic with lower front passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JoeVattilana is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2016 Civic with lower front passenger seat

I have noticed the front passenger seat is at least 3 inches lower than the driver's seat. I know the height cannot be adjusted (as in the driver's seat), but this looks really unusual, and when the wife is the passenger she feels her . . . . is on the ground. Did anyone else notice this? Who should I check with at my Honda dealer-- Service Department? Thanks!
Old 02-25-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Civic with lower front passenger seat

Lower the drivers seat to match. Problem solved.

It's normal, the passengers seat doesn't have a height adjuster.
Nothing will be done about it by the dealer.
You could try some extra cushions so she sits higher?
Old 02-26-2017
Registered!!

Question Re: 2016 Civic with lower front passenger seat

Am I the only one to notice this? How about other Civic owners? Is there a reason why Honda did this, and are there other cars (not just Honda) that have their passenger seats lower than the driver's seat?

I know I'm harping on it, but it's so illogical from a great company. I've had Hondas since 1985 (without using seat cushions . . . .)
Old 02-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a reason why Honda did this
If the seat was set up high, taller people would likely hit their head on the ceiling.

and are there other cars (not just Honda) that have their passenger seats lower than the driver's seat?
I'd imagine just about all that provide height adjustment on only the drivers seat.

If you lower the drivers seat, they will be the same height. Yes?
Old 02-26-2017
Registered!!

Obviously I'm not making myself clear, but you all may have answered my question. I am assuming why the passenger seat is lower is so that taller people can sit in the passenger seat and not "hit their heads," and Honda doesn't want to go to the expense of having the passenger seat adjustable.