10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

How much did you pay for your 2017 Honda Civic LX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swyftfingers is an unknown quantity at this point
How much did you pay for your 2017 Honda Civic LX?

I'm currently working with my local Honda dealer, and they are asking for $20,890. They will give me $2000 off for my trade in which is reasonable I guess. So I'm at a total of 18890. Not sure if this includes tax, title, etc.

I think I can do better, but I'd like to get some feedback from people who have purchased this car. Should I do it? Is the LX even worth buying? I just want a reliable car...
Old 01-27-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How much did you pay for your 2017 Honda Civic LX?

WHAT kind of car? Coupe/sedan/hatch, transmission choice, sensing package or not, all different prices. Make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

If they have 2016 models left you can get them pretty dang cheap now.

You have your own financing all arranged already, yes? Does your banker say their price is a good deal?

Research FIRST.

"Never Negotiate. Come to the showroom with a figure in mind and stick to it. Be polite, firm, and direct. Tell the sales guy your price and instruct them to get the paperwork ready if they can match it. Leave them your phone number, and walk away if they can’t. They’ll be calling you quite soon if your price was in fact a fair one to begin with."

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2015/3/25/7-Insider-Tips-On-How-To-Beat-A-Car-Salesman-At-His-Own-Game-7726068/

https://www.moneyunder30.com/negotia...h-car-salesmen

Sell the old car on craigslist or something for more than the dealer would have given you?
Old 01-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
guitarsnlikker is an unknown quantity at this point

i paid 19,800 out the door final price.
Old 01-28-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Get ever item listed and then the total. I bought a new car few months ago. After the back and forth we agreed on a finial which included the process fee. Did not include tax, title and plate transfer. I had it clearely written out line itemed. When they came back with finial cotract, processing was added back in. They would not remove it. It was the next day, had given granddaughter the wifes car and told wife was getting her car. So I went ahead and took the $599 add on. Also overcharge me $60 on dmv fees. However, Dealer had ask me to sign my originial bid which I handed it back told him to sign it.
A few days later, after showing the big man my signed offer, they sent me a check for $660.
Check ever line and research your state dmv and tax fees. Do not let them add on Fair market value. That BS cost my Honda dealer $26000 and I told him so.
Old 01-28-2017
Registered!!

Some great advice here. I really do appreciate the replies. So to elaborate, I was thinking about the basic model Honda Civic Coupe LX. The dealer is asking 20,890. He started at 22,635. I haven't done any negotiating. I'm honestly a bit on edge about this car. I don't like the whole computer screen, and cameras. I used to own a 90's honda civic and the thing was VERY reliable. Drove it for 250,000 miles, and never had a real hiccup. No major mechanical problems at all. I LOVED IT. Very basic car, but oh so reliable...

Now it seems all the Honda's are new-age and they are trying to make them real fancy. But my experience has shown me that these kind of "improvements" tend to be a headache. If the computer breaks down on me, how much will that be to repair? =\

I don't want another money-sink car. That being said, what do you guys recommend? Perhaps an accord? Should I just go Toyota? Does a reliable car even exist any more?

Last car I bought brand new was a 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse, and I had to replace the transmission AND the engine. I EASILY paid the cost of the car in repairs. NEVER AGAIN!!! My next car is the one I'm currently driving, a Hyundai Sonata. The ECU blew out after 1 year, took it to the dealer, and they charged me $1400. They told me the battery was bad, and replaced it BACKWARDS, shorting out nearly every electronic component. Ended up costing $2500, and I still have no Stability control, or cruise control(which relies on stability control). Dealer refused to take any responsibility and instead lied on the invoice and said I jumped the car backwards. No such thing occurred.

Suffice to say, I will never buy a Hyundai again.

Just at wits end here...Sorry for the life-story, but I really just want something reliable now...Sick of being taken advantage of.
Old 01-28-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

the basic model Honda Civic Coupe LX
"Coupe LX" isn't giving enough detail to find real info.

What's the bottom line price shown on the great big window sticker??
(I don't care about their markup and accessory price sticker next to the big sticker from Honda, but tell us what is included in that one too. Accessory markups can be brutal.)

From the honda.com site:
w/6 speed MT MSRP (includes destination fee) $20,025
w/CVT trans MSRP (includes destination fee) $20,825

You can almost always get a price lower than MSRP.
That of course doesn't include tax title and license stuff.

I'm honestly a bit on edge about this car. I don't like the whole computer screen, and cameras.
The backup cameras have been damn reliable IMO. A plain-Jane LX probably has no other cameras.

The little radio in the LX is as simple as it gets these days.

Now it seems all the Honda's are new-age and
Look around, it's EVERYONE. Honda is actually a little behind the curve IMO.

You probably can't get away from all the electronic gizmos no matter which manufacturer you choose these days....and every manufacturer has plenty of complaints and issues with the driver distraction gizmos.
EVERYONE has the electronics that you don't want to like....learn it, live it, love it!

2003 Mitsubishi eclipse
*snicker*

Hyundai Sonata. The ECU blew out after 1 year, took it to the dealer, and they charged me $1400
Engine computer has a Federally mandated warranty of 8 years/80,000 miles (unless you're in California). Any other computer should be covered under the regular stated warranty coverage.
Dealer refused to
Your problems aren't with the car as much as your problem is with a ****** dealer service department.
I'll suggest you spend some time researching dealers and their service departments....but remember...very few keep a full staff of top-gun techs (applies to all shops, dealer and independent). Most may have a few great techs-- and a bunch of lesser experienced lower paid people to do the majority of the grunt work.

If you can find a fantastic tech, stick with him. Ask for him by name whenever you need service that involves more than a basic oil change.
Old 01-28-2017
Registered!!

I'll try to clarify. I've made an error in the previous post. It isn't a coupe, it's a sedan.

"2017 Honda Civic
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)"

Initial price: 22635
Mark down "Deal": 20890
With trade in of $2000 for my hyundai: 18890.

I'm a bit confused with this next bit on the "car work sheet":

Total Vehicle Protection System:
Additional Fabric Guard: 297.00
Additional External Paint Sealant: 359.00

Appearance Protection Group:
Wheel Well Molding
Hydrogen
Door Edge Guard
Deluxe Color Key Floormats -- 694.00 for the group(What is "hydrogen"?)

Fog Lights: 598.00
Splash Guards: 179.00
Spoiler(rear): 698.00
Moonroof Visor: 199.00 (The LX doesn't have a moonroof!??")
Leather: 1595.00 (The LX doesn't have leather?!?!")

I'm confused why/if this was all added to the price. The price is marked in with a marker and nothing is tallied on the sheet..See photo.
Old 01-28-2017

Let me preface this post by saying I am not a car buyer or seller. At all.

Originally Posted by Swyftfingers
I'll try to clarify. I've made an error in the previous post. It isn't a coupe, it's a sedan.

"2017 Honda Civic
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)"

$20,415 is the bottom line on the manufacturers window sticker. No dealer add-ons.
Invoice price is lower than that. (see other sites linked previously to see what that price really is)

Initial price: 22635
Mark down "Deal": 20890
No deal for me. But that's me.

With trade in of $2000 for my hyundai:
Don't know enough about that car to evaluate. Remember, they usually expect to resell and make additional profit from your trade in.

You might be able to buy an unmolested new Civic outright for that price. What's the actual invoice price?
I'm a bit confused with this next bit on the "car work sheet":
The confusion is purely intentional. If you can't figure your way out of it, that's extra profit and commission for them.

Total Vehicle Protection System:
Additional Fabric Guard: 297.00
Additional External Paint Sealant: 359.00
You're gonna pay 650 for a kid in the detail department to spray half a can of Scotch Guard in the seats and put a coat of strong wax on the paint.

Pass. DIY that if you want it for $8 (Scotch Guard) and maybe $15 for paint sealant and a little time and elbow grease. (or $4 for a can of old fashioned paste wax)

Appearance Protection Group:
Wheel Well Molding
Hydrogen
Door Edge Guard
Deluxe Color Key Floormats -- 694.00 for the group
Do you WANT any of those on your new car?

What are they calling wheel well molding? Is that a chrome strip that sticks on the fender around the wheel opening?---you can get that from autozone and I think that's tacky as hell (JMO). Honda doesn't offer that accessory. Old folks (I think I know where you are) tend to like that chrome so they might put it on the cars.

Door edge guards: I'd want the metal kind that match the body color, not the clear tape. 85 plus labor.

The car comes from the factory with a full set of carpet floor mats. Don't let them try to make you pay extra for the mats that came with the car.

(What is "hydrogen"?)
You mean Nitrogen...they put it in the tires and try to charge ton of money for doing it. There is no tangible benefit, no matter how loud they get trying to sell it to you. Everyone thinks it's great because Nascar, but it's a waste.

All of my tires are already filled with 78% Nitrogen, just like anyone else who don't want to pay for free air.

Fog Lights: 598.00
Splash Guards: 179.00
Spoiler(rear): 698.00
Do you WANT any of that?

Splash guards and foglights $, probably reasonable price.
Trunk spoiler is priced high IMO. Research it before you commit to anything.
Moonroof Visor: 199.00 (The LX doesn't have a moonroof!??")
Leather: 1595.00 (The LX doesn't have leather?!?!")
Now you're catching on!!!!!! Keep thinking!!!!

They can have leather seat covers installed (not from Honda) if you want them. Some look worse than others. Not my cup of tea. Leather (and vinyl) can be painful and make your *** sweat in the heat. I prefer cloth seats myself.

I'm confused why/if this was all added to the price. The price is marked in with a marker and nothing is tallied on the sheet..See photo.
Preprinted like a menu, you choose what items you want at the time of sale write up?

What's actually installed on the car itself? Nothing at all? You'd probably never know if Scotch Guard was really on the seats until you dump a quart of cherry KoolAid in the seat.....

I'd get a car with NO accessories preinstalled, and DIY whatever I want to install. I did exactly that with my 12 Civic when I got it.
Purchased outright without any trade-in.....My final price, including tax, license and everything, drive it away-- was low enough that I wrote a check for about the same amount as the MSRP on the window sticker.
THEN I started getting the extra stuff I wanted on it.
Old 01-29-2017
Registered!!

Back up cameras on stand equipment on new cars now and is Fed mandated. Would not worry about it. If it breaks, car is fine without it. Just a little unsafer. Honda's transmission was a weak point with too much power at high milage. Hopefully CVT is the cure. Just don't drive like it's a race car.
When I was looking at Honda about 5 months ago, the add a little white sticker of their own to the side of the Fed sticker. Fare market value. $1999. Nitrogen $199. Stripe $199. Paint and Interior protection. $499.
The Subie I ended up with had $2999 Fare market value added sticker on it. However, on my first offer, I had subtracted that total out of the picture. I added his Process fee that is posted in VA as a requirement of $599 to the actual sticker invoice and then took 10% off that total and offered him that..Of course he came back an said no but the car was a year end 2016 that had just rolled off the truck and there were some model 2017s on his lot. I simple told him I would deal with Honda. The sales manager stopped me getting into my car. However, hes the one who later tried to beat me out of $599. The finance tried to get $60.
Previously at the Honda when they would not come off the Fair market value, I was actually driving the Subie that the dealer had given me for 24 hours. My salesman committed on it and the dealer tag about parking it in front like that. They still let me walk however and I offered them the same deal.
Obliviously the Subie still made plenty of money since they do not give them away and have to make a living. However, I got $5600 less then some would have paid for the same brand new car with less then 1 mile on it. That's enough for me.
Old 03-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chuffsy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used truecar values in the past with great success. I may be going to Brahman as well.
for a 2017lx for my daughter. The first time , 2010 lxs the salesman started at over 20k. I told him 16900 is all i'm going to pay and he accepted. The second time I negotiated on my brothers behalf for a 2014 lx and based on truecars feedback as well he accepted at 17100. Prices without tax title and so forth. I wont pay over 18k for my 2017. Im thinking about a corolla as well. My take on car purchases is simply this. I have what they NEED ($$$$$) . They have what I WANT and what I want I can get elsewhere. If the price you are willing to pay is fair I see no reason for a salesperson not accepting. VW has a deal for the employees where I work. Ten percent below invoice and even then
they are making 2k ( intel from an insider at the dealership ) This may vary with other brands but the point is they wont sell at a loss.

Last edited by chuffsy; 03-04-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-11-2017
Registered!!

Bonzo is an unknown quantity at this point

did yoy
Old 03-13-2017
Registered!!

Since we are talking $$. If your new baby has a 3 year 36K warranty, should you add a 6 year 60K warranty to it for $710. Realize that is only 24K miles but if you only put 10K a year,may be worth it? Years ago, I said screw it but at 68, I am no longer capable or hungry enough maybe of going too deep into it.

That is what they just offer me on my Subie. When I purchased it a few months back, they wanted close to 2K. I laughed at that. Pondering the $710 since it's RIP's car and never know what may happen to me.

Ezon, that is hydrogen up there. What they said they put in my new Subie. Makes them lighter for better fuel mileage. They also put 10 Neodymium Rare Earth Disc Magnets N48 on the fuel tank to enrich certain elements of the gas for better lighter fuel spray.

Last edited by RIPSAW; 03-13-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-13-2017

has a 3 year 36K warranty, should you add a 6 year 60K warranty to it for
U.S. Hondas standard powertrain warranty is 5yr/60,000.
Old 04-04-2017
Registered!!

Jared Lemieux is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by guitarsnlikker
i paid 19,800 out the door final price.
You paid to much I got the EX Sedan for 18,750
Old 04-28-2017
Registered!!

PooPooSandwich is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also looking for a 2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan Automatic

and I need to purchase by the end of April 2017 so a couple days left

MSRP $20,415
Price $17,971 plus taxes and fees
OTD $19,885.21

I really want to get it at $17,215

Any advice on bringing it down..I'm sending emails and texts to as many as I can to get a better deal.

Is this doable?? $17,215??
Old 04-30-2017
Registered!!

I got quoted $19,182.80 OTD and not other dealership is willing to match that price. Second is $19,5XX.XX.

I'm trying to get the one closer to the house to budge and get close to $19.1
Old 04-30-2017

Yesterdays post unghosted.

Is this doable?? $17,215??
Not a snowballs chance IMO....

Maybe after the 2018 model year cars come out and they are trying to get rid of old leftover 2017 inventory, but I seriously doubt any dealer would ever go that low right now.

If you got a quote of 19.2, I'd take it. Keep in mind your closest dealer may shun you because of it.
Old 05-01-2017
Registered!!

Welp guys I did not get the $17,215 I wanted ...

On 4/30/17
Purchased a 2017 Civic LX - automatic without anything extra.
Exterior: Dark Gray
Interior: Black

OTD $19,265.82
Selling Price was $17,395.00
MSRP $20,415.00
We live in Los Angeles, CA

Best car buying experience too, which was weird...was not pressured into buying anything. Said no to everything and they didn't ask WHY!?!?! lol.
Old 07-12-2017
Registered!!

Jjdales89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Help! I was wondering if anyone could help me find what the factory invoice is for the 17 civic si. I am going through a buying program that claims that can get me 1 to 2% over factory invoice with dealer feees waived.

p.s if you are federal,state, local, military I believe you use the program too.

nationalbenefitsprograms.org
Old 11-29-2017
Registered!!

Katlynn Long is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: How much did you pay for your 2017 Honda Civic LX?

I purchased mine at the end of May. I Purchased a 2017 Blue Honda Civic EX-T right off the assembly line, seriously when i purchased my car it had 28 miles on it which were from my test drive. I don't know exact numbers but I purchased her out the door for $22,500.
Old 06-18-2018
Registered!!

CoachRich is an unknown quantity at this point

My first post. Needed a 2nd car with 2 kids getting their licenses.

Just picked up a 2017 LX Coupe, Aegean Blue, 6 speed manual. Sticker was 19,985 including the destination charge.
I got it for 16,070 including the destination charge. Add tax, tags, dealer prep and on the road for $17,600.
Nice little car with a very smooth transmission.

There are a few 17s still on dealer's lots and they are motivated to move them.

Last edited by CoachRich; 06-20-2018 at 12:02 PM.