10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

2016 Civic EX-T CVT question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skramer is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Civic EX-T CVT question

We just got a 2016 civic ex-t with the CVT transmission a few months ago. Love that car! I really like the "electric car" feel as the car accelerates. It is very smooth and very efficient. Averaging 44 mpg over 7000 miles so far!

My concern or question is this...When I have the cruise control on at say 74mph, the tachometer looks like the engine or CVT is searching for the ideal gear to be in so to speak. The tach more or less bounces between 2200 and 2300 RPM's and the car has a slight lurching kind of feel to it. Is this a normal thing with this new transmission or should I take it in and have it looked at?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 11-02-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Civic EX-T CVT question

See your Honda dealership.
Sent you a PM.
Old 02-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2016 Civic EX-T CVT question

At first, the dealership said that the tranny was supposed to surge like that in order to continuously search for the optimal rpm level.

Then I got a PM from Ezone. he said that there was a service bulletin # 16-028 which addresses the issue of CVT surge. I took it back again to the dealership and told them of the SB. they reprogrammed the computer and fixed the problem that I was having with the constant surging of the motor. now I can set the cruise and the tach stays pretty constant, except when going up/down hills.

Thanks EZONE