Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications Intake, header, exhaust, flywheel, pulley and other bolt on information and questions belong here.

Need more ponys!!

Old 04-26-2018
Stock2000ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock2000ek is an unknown quantity at this point
Need more ponys!!

Long story short i have a stock 2000 ek/ex not sure which is it in canada,,, and its a lil on the low power side im willing to throw some cash at her,, but how much would it need to be to make it worth it?

Completly stock except for rims lol,, 224k km regular maintenance done and just out about 900 ina it for brakes and belts,, now im looking for upgrades rather then maintenance,, anyone got any ideas on where to start or even to not start ahah thanks
Old 04-26-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need more ponys!!

Originally Posted by Stock2000ek
but how much would it need to be to make it worth it?
Matter of opinion.

What's your goals?
How much money are you willing to spend?
Is reliability a concern?
Can you DIY?

Basic Intake, headers,exhaust and camshaft upgrades will give you a little bump in power. If you want big bumps you will need to go forced induction or engine swap. These topics have all been covered extensively so do some research.
Old 04-26-2018
Stock2000ex

Originally Posted by GolNat
Matter of opinion.

What's your goals?
How much money are you willing to spend?
Is reliability a concern?
Can you DIY?

Basic Intake, headers,exhaust and camshaft upgrades will give you a little bump in power.
When i find something i want i just work till i can buy it,, so honestly however much it takes,, goals maybe like stock hp is 127? Maybe like 170 180 if thats possible.. In all reality i dont have much knowledge but have the ability to diy so im not sure what to look for other then what you gave me for an answer,,, but willing to learn do and spend whatevee it takes to have a specced civic,,
Old 04-26-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Okay great, then research turbocharging the car.

There is a crap ton of information about the 6th gen and turbocharging the D16. Not just this forum but many others. Tuning is key. Crap tune means you blow your engine up. Turbo kits can be pieced together from used parts to save money.
Old 04-26-2018
Stock2000ex

Originally Posted by GolNat
Okay great, then research turbocharging the car.

There is a crap ton of information about the 6th gen and turbocharging the D16. Not just this forum but many others. Tuning is key. Crap tune means you blow your engine up. Turbo kits can be pieced together from used parts to save money.
Sweet thank you mann!! And good to know!! Ill keep an eye out while im researching
Old 04-26-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

FYI, EK is chassis code, ex is car model
suspension mods are easiest and best bang for the buck
Old 04-27-2018
Stock2000ex

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
FYI, EK is chassis code, ex is car model
suspension mods are easiest and best bang for the buck
ohh thats helpful!! Lol honestly didnt know which it was thanks!! And okay thanks i was looking around at upgrades that i could do that didnt need much internals to start with like suspension and things!! So thats good to know!