Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications Intake, header, exhaust, flywheel, pulley and other bolt on information and questions belong here.

Non fart can suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MetalMatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Non fart can suggestion?

I recently bought a 1997 Civic Hatch. Non vtec 5 speed with 224k miles. Previous owner put an insanely obnoxious catback with a huge fart can on. It does not sound remotely good at any range. Unfortunately I do not have a ton of money for a $500 catback. Essentially I'm limited to Advance Auto. I just want something less loud and raspy. I still want SOME noise though I hate quiet cars. Would something simple and cheap like a Duramax Turbo with a resonated tip sound decent? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Non fart can suggestion?

Yes a Dynomax muffler wouldn't sound bad. I ran one for a while with the stock resonator and it was quite with still having a good sound when you stepped on it. It's going to sound different on your car but anything is better then an annoying can.

You can use muffler clamps to clamp a new one on or go to a muffler shop and have them weld it (it's not as expensive as you might think).
Old 04-24-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Yes a Dynomax muffler wouldn't sound bad. I ran one for a while with the stock resonator and it was quite with still having a good sound when you stepped on it. It's going to sound different on your car but anything is better then an annoying can.

You can use muffler clamps to clamp a new one on or go to a muffler shop and have them weld it (it's not as expensive as you might think).
I actually think I'm gonna get the $40 thrush welded muffler instead. Why spend twice as much lol
Old 04-25-2014
Registered!!

So turns out the fart can that was on it was gutted... and cracked... no doubt lending to the 'great' sound...

Got the Thrush Turbo Muffler welded on today and it is a world of difference. Actually sounds decent. Still a little raspy but not too bad. If I can manage to sell those wheels I plan on getting a Vibrant resonator to help and that'll pretty much be it for mods...
Old 04-26-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Good deal
Old 04-09-2015
Registered!!

droppedcivic303 is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the greddy but it's expensive. but for the price yonaka motorsports on ebay makes a decent setup with pretty good sound.