Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Official "Get Dezod to go N/A post"

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
lol **** had me laughing!^

An LSD would be the SHIZNET!!!
LOL all I read was "Get Dezod to"....

But I wanted to go N/A before I started to buy my turbo parts, so I will support the cause.

GO N/A!!!!!
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
supporting the cause would be buying NA parts when you are actually going to turbo your car... wtf mate?
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ricergribbs
supporting the cause would be buying NA parts when you are actually going to turbo your car... wtf mate?
I am also a fan of N/A. I would like to see what the D17 can do. I didn't know "supporting the cause" meant I had to go and buy parts that don't exist yet???
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

umm.. well if you'll already be turbo charged what's the point of buying NA parts? i thought you said you already had turbo parts
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ricergribbs
umm.. well if you'll already be turbo charged what's the point of buying NA parts? i thought you said you already had turbo parts
LOL I have no idea what you are talking about. I never said that I was going to go N/A. I said "I am ALSO a fan of N/A". I didn't say I am also a fan of N/A, so I am going to sell all of my turbo parts and buy N/A parts. LOL this is really stupid. There is no point in arguing and we are going off topic.

BACK ON TOPIC!!!
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

that's my point... if you aren't planning on actually buying the part, you aren't actually supporting this... so back on topic, what other parts would people be interested in? current list seems to be

*throttle body
*NA P&P
*intake manifold
Old 10-12-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is, is that the amount of people who would buy would be far less for him making NA parts, because the gains wont be NEARLY as significant as FI. In terms of price, NA R&D and client prices are MUCH higher then FI R&D and client prices. Haven't you noticed you see alot more people running around with turbo kits, then full on NA builds... there's a reason for this
Old 10-12-2006

jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point
LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD LSD
please, k thnks, bye
Old 10-12-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
wtf, that got me confused. Circle logic?

I'd be interested in a part that could produce some fairly decent gains. I really understand where you’re coming from in having to make a decent investment upfront, being a 4th year accounting student.

So why didn’t I put a number down? Well, its the money issue at the moment! Bought the vic, and drained the funds... *sigh*

I really hope you guys are able to get this off the ground! I'm def. in support of this though (although unfortunately, not financially)
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

04civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
n/a all the way
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
That guy keeps asking for acid WTF? But seriously i would love to get some quality N/A parts made for my D17a2, turbos are cool and all but N/A's done right are just nasty.
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

^ unless you're joking you're an idiot... LSD = limited slip differential

ok... "go NA" "turboes suck" "i wanna go NA" "i support NA" don't help... please name parts you'ld like to see. i think mostly it's been covered:

*IM
*TB
*NA P&P
*LSD (applies for all)
Old 10-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
If i was still into modding the d17 I would definatly buy an LSD. Probably be one of the best mods you can get for the car for the price. Next to nitrious.
Old 10-13-2006
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
To get any power from NA, the whole air induction system has to be reworked including what ricergribbs mentioned. I personally don't think that IM, TB, P&P, cam, valves, springs, and LSD will get you anywhere but to about 140hp, unless you rework the bottom end. Not that I disagree with NA, but for this application it won't be worth the cost of building the entire engine for it.

Last edited by robbclark1; 10-13-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by robbclark1
To get any power from NA, the whole air induction system has to be reworked including what ricergribbs mentioned. I personally don't think that IM, TB, P&P, cam, valves, springs, and LSD will get you anywhere but to about 140hp, unless you rework the bottom end. Not that I disagree with NA, but for this application it won't be worth the cost of building the entire engine for it.

AGREES...
Old 10-13-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
i am interested in na d17 too...wonder what the potential is....of course it would be carb legal...

Last edited by Devani; 10-13-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-14-2006
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Devani
i am interested in na d17 too...wonder what the potential is....of course it would be carb legal...
To get any power from this engine with NA, nothing will be carb legal...sorry.

And I really don't want to bash NA because I have thought about it. But the more that people try with this engine and don't see much results, it just isn't worth it IMO. Sure a cam and a good tune couldn't hurt, but not for the $1000 price tag.
Old 10-14-2006
Registered!!

04civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
may be some itb's and high comp pistons like 11-1-1

Last edited by 04civicdx; 10-14-2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: idk
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

detroittosag has a little shameless behaviour in the past
and don't forget if something is made, will it be made for the ex or the lx style. cause a lot of people with lx are getting the short end of the stick with everything
Old 10-15-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by detroittosag
and don't forget if something is made, will it be made for the ex or the lx style. cause a lot of people with lx are getting the short end of the stick with everything
not really all the parts for the EX you can use on the LX/DX, except the cams on the market, but with a head swap you can use it. If anything the EX guys were getting shorted because most of the turbo kits were made to fit the LX/DX in the beginning.
Old 10-15-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
That was due to the fact that the first prototype car was a LX model. It was just a simple matter of fabbing a new downpipe.
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
either way, if the parts are there. people are going to buy them. simple fact
Old 07-06-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Official "Get Dezod to go N/A post"

What ever happened to this whole thing?
Old 07-06-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

hmm id be game if he could do a k24 head
Old 07-06-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

with all that moolah wouldn't it just be sensible to swap it out :/

i wish this thread had of went somewhere awesome, oh well ya know
Old 07-07-2007
Premium Member

Alright, I'm going to stop thread jacking this thread and start a new thread one for this idea and see where it takes us.

Several posts were moved to the following thread:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...built-d17.html

Last edited by TRIZ; 07-07-2007 at 01:40 AM.