Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Rate your intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CadetChadwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Fujita,
power 3
sound 4
fit 3
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

guitarchan16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Weapon-R Secret Intake SRI
Fit - 4 (Nothin real bad, just the temp sensor bushing was too big. Fixed i though, see my DIY)
Power - 4 (Definetely can feel the torque increase with this one)
Sound - 5 (Better than any I've ever heard...sounds like a supercharger when i press the gas, and when I shift gears at high RPMS, it sounds like a BOV)

Best Intake EVER! IMO
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

JB Dizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Injen SRI
Fit-4.5 (vacuum hose is creased, but nothing serious)
Power- 2.5 nothing much, maybe some high end
Sound- 4 (sounds great when you mash the peddle, at idle you can hear it sucking in air)
Old 11-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by guitarchan16
Weapon-R Secret Intake SRI
Fit - 4 (Nothin real bad, just the temp sensor bushing was too big. Fixed i though, see my DIY)
Power - 4 (Definetely can feel the torque increase with this one)
Sound - 5 (Better than any I've ever heard...sounds like a supercharger when i press the gas, and when I shift gears at high RPMS, it sounds like a BOV)

Best Intake EVER! IMO
yes hehe another satisfied secret owner. the only intake ive had that actually increases torque, and the sounds are like no other.
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

guitarchan16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Yeah, it's awesome. I never thought that I could get so much torque out of an intake, and the sound is UNBELIEVABLE. And by the way gearbox, i borrowed some pics of yours from the intake to help someone on my DIY because i didn't have any pics of my own yet.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283741

I even drew a picture for illustrations...HAHAHA
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

tknaub is an unknown quantity at this point
INJEN RD- CAI, ALU
Fit - - - - - - 4 had some cutting to do but it wasnt too hard
Power - - - - 3.5 no low end power gain but high end feels it pushing near 5000 RPMs
Loudness - - 3.8 deeper tone, scream at top end it great
Misc. - - - - Buy a HYDRO SHEILD and enjoy it
Old 11-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
K&N FIPK 2
HAP
Fit-----------5 fits like an oem part no cutting no relocating just fits
Power-------3.5 smoother/better accelaration & little more torque
Sound--------3.5 if your exhaust isnt loud and your cruising you'll hear it sucking but not to loud due to the hard plastic, no one outside your car will know that you have an air intake, someone one the inside in the passenger seat will lol, but when you high cam profiles engages(vtec) she sucks louuuuud & screamssssss 4.5!
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough
secret weapon-r sri

Fit:4
Power:3---almost same as stock
Loudness:3---not loud or ricey, sounds nicer tho
the best part is when u turn off ur car
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
AEM CAI
Fit --------- 5 fits great
Power------- 3
Loudness --- 4

Old 12-10-2006
Banned

tsudocivic2k4 can only hope to improve
Fit - - - - - - 4
Power - - - - 4
Loudness - - 2 (loud when car is started up and turned off)
Misc-------- Make sure that you read the directions fully. ANd dont unhook ur gas linker cable lol. WHen i did this on accident I though i ****ed my car 4 sure. SO ya just read the instructions and insert everthing carefully!
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tsudocivic2k4
Fit - - - - - - 4
Power - - - - 4
Loudness - - 2 (loud when car is started up and turned off)
Misc-------- Make sure that you read the directions fully. ANd dont unhook ur gas linker cable lol. WHen i did this on accident I though i ****ed my car 4 sure. SO ya just read the instructions and insert everthing carefully!
what intake
Old 12-22-2006
Registered!!

SDhondarider will become famous soon enoughSDhondarider will become famous soon enough
Ebay Intake-Running just the short ram
Fit-4, i was lucky and it doesn't hit my hood but I had to cut the blue tubing cuz it was too long. Didn't come with instructions but its easy enough
Power-3 ,I can feel a little torque in the high range but i'm prolly imagining it
Loudness-5, it sounds bad ***, I've set car alarms off with it in parking garages. Cool rushing noise everyone likes.
Old 12-29-2006
Registered!!

jlilly08 is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM CAI
fit:4
power:3.5
loudness:4

very satisfied with this intake
Old 12-29-2006
Supertastic Member.

Dishwasher is an unknown quantity at this point
K&N FIPK2

Fit: 5 Didn't have any issues with install.
Power: 3 It's an intake on a d17, don't expect much. 5 horses I think is what the dyno said
Loudness: 3 Loud when you want it to be
Misc. It does come with a heat shield made of metal. The tubing for the intake is made of hard plastic. It doesn't look all that fancy under the hood, but it does its job well I suppose.
Old 02-13-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Injen CAI AS

Fit: 3

Power: 3

Loud: 4

I got this thing from ebay from some guy selling it. Its a really nice anodized red and looks awesome under the hood. But I have an automatic so fitment was a bitch. So instead of doing all the bumper and fender work... i just kept the first section of the piping...attached a new filter on the end and it looks like a short ram. Now it fits nice and snug in the engine bay and doesnt rattler or anything. Before it would bump up against the shift link control or w.e that box is, but i put sum rubber inserts and it fixed it right away. Now its nice. Not the most amazing gains but you can feel it free up some power. And it sounds cool.
Old 02-13-2007
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
taken from my view of this intake on my rsx-s
Fujita F5 CAI
Color is wrinkle black , material is aluminum
Fit 5 perfect mount points
Power 4 very noticable change in performance very comparable to the Injen and sometimes out performs it depending on other mods
Loudness 5 when vtec hits this thing screams with my skunk 2 exhaust its very noticeable

with just a cai and exhaust I have hit 13's at the track so I guess it makes up for itself
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

mickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the rough
china town intake..

4 fits good..
3 good lil push..
4 loud..
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

uturn911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen SRI

Fit------- 5
Power---- 4
Loud----- 4
Old 02-13-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
AEM V2

FIT: 4 (had a lil trouble coz of Yellow top Optima)
PERFORMANCE: 4 ( u definitely feel the power after 3k rpm
SOUND: 5 Awesome sound specially when u accelerate under freeways and bridges ( Once scared the hell out of people standing at a bus stop
The best part is that IT DOESNT ATTRACT COPS AT ALL IF UR CRUISING ... No one will ever know that you have something in there and thats what fools other civic owners

Had this cool experience of kicking a girls *** with the same ride as mine ... infact she had the regular $50 intake and exhaust job done and she thought my car was stock with no Muffler Ofcourse kicked her *** BIG TIME !!!
Old 03-01-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
K & N FIPK2 SRI

(Bought off another member on here)

FIT: 4 - Sits a little too close to the fuse box, heat shield is a nice touch though, brackets lined up correctly and intake feels solid when bolted in.

POWER: 2 - Only notice a minimal difference in the powerband. It is a little quicker getting from 3-6K RPM though.

SOUND: 2.5 - Sounds stock when at idle. After 3K you can definately hear it but not loud at all. At WOT it is loud, but does not sound ricey at all, it is a very deep gargle sound.

Overall it isn't bad for the $100 I paid for it. If you can pick one up used for a better price I say go for it. I like the way it looks the most, it is a matte black finish and the heat shield adds a nice touch to the overall look. I want to keep my engine bay look as close to stock as possible, so I would definately recommend this intake to anyone who is looking to do the same.

Last edited by PD Chico; 03-01-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough
Re: Rate your intake

K&N Typhoon SRI
Vehicle: 05 Lx Coupe A/T

Fit: 5...perfect fit....zero problems

Power: 3.......no difference between stock at low RPMS...feel a slight pull about 5K......

Loudness: 3.......sounds stock until 5K...then it roars and everybody will notice you......
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute

2001 Civic EX Coupe
K&N FIPK II
Fitment: 4 - hard to fit the heat shield in place in an automatic..feels very solid when you find a way to make it work

Power: 5 - the intake has a good feel to it when you apply pressure to the gas pedal...pretty good low-mid range for an intake

Sound: 4 - almost as loud as Injen and Weapon-R, this thing makes some considerable noise when you step on it.

** out of all the intakes I have owned (AEM SRI, Racer Design CAI) the K&N was well worth the money...sounds good, looks great, and is built to last!
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

tmillard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by badodyssey
$11.99 Ebay SRI for 03 Si w/JRSC

Fit- 3

Power - 4

loudness - 2

material - polished stainless

Verdict? worth every penny!

Your saying that a $12 piece is making noticable/substantial power gains for you?
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
K&N typhoon SRI metal tube

fit: 5 (hard to get some stuff on, but everything fit the way it should without touching)

power: 3.5 (low end with this intake is better than stock, pulls hard even in 90F weather when the tube is too hot to touch). Hi end is okay, but I might just need to add more fuel. Feels a bit sluggish in upper rpms, but I'm sure more power will come when cold out.

loud: 2 (below 4k rpms you can barely hear it except for a deep rumble. Punch it and everyone's gonna be staring)

overall this intake beats aem sri by far and even feels better than fipk. I have a custom heat shield in the works now to block some engine heat. We'll see what happens on the dyno. I only had a chance to drive in hot weather for now and can still feel gains even with "heat soak."

Your Kit is not the same as this one is it?

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw...1&make_code=HO
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

Re: My injen RD Series Intake

Originally Posted by honda860
In my 2005 here are the specs on my RD Series Intake made by Injen

FIT 5= Fit perfect took like 10 minutes to put on and that was just removing the old box and removing and replacing screws

POWER 4 = very noticeable ) alot of gain compared to stock

Loudness 4= Pretty loud hear like a wind tunnel sound when i turn my car on which sounds awesome and when it shifts i love the sound it makes. In fact I installeded it before i installed my exhaust just so i could hear what it sounded like.

CAI = Cold Air Intake, AS= Aluminized Steel,

all around I think awesome intake

What do you have for an exhaust system on it?
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

Re: Intakeage

Originally Posted by SittenSeventens
Fit 1 to 5: How well does it fit the car without or with modifications
1=fit like hell, all the way to, 5=fit perfect.

Power 1 to 5: 1=less power than stock, 2=about the same as stock, 3=some gains, 4=very noticeable, 5=Feels like its been boosted

Loudness 1 to 5: Volume 1= Quieter than stock to 5= Loud

After the name is the type and material: SRI = Short Ram Intake, CAI = Cold Air Intake, AS= Aluminized Steel, HAP = Hard Plastic

FIT- 2, ALWAYS FUN TO MOD AND MAKE IT WORK
POWER-4 IT WAS VERY LARGE GAIN THAT I COULD FEEL
LOUDNESS-2 NOT LOUD, UNLESS ITS COLDER THAN YOUSUAL
TYPE/MAT: COL AIR INTAKE, K&N

SHAAAZAM

Where did you get yours from? What other mods do you think added to your power gain?
Old 04-28-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i had the typhoon short ram, not cold air (not the same as the link posted above).
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i had the typhoon short ram, not cold air (not the same as the link posted above).

You feel the HP/Torque gains were worth the price? I seem to be limited with my 99 LX
Old 05-15-2007
Registered!!

manoftoolz is an unknown quantity at this point

Weapon R secret intake

FIT 4.5= if only they fixed the 02 sensor. easy fix, not a big deal. just used some electrical tape.

POWER 4 = it's an intake, so i dont expect much. feels like i accelerate faster though.

LOUDNESS 5= sounds good. more of a constant sound compared to the injen intake.

very satisfied owner. weapon R ftw... also, i read somewhere on this forum that weapon R doesn't use the dual pipe for the civic because it would be useless... that is false, because mine has the dual pipe design. Don't know how much of a difference it makes, but when your paying $150 for a pipe, it makes me feel better.
Old 05-15-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

Weapon R secret weapon
2001 Civic lx Auto

FIT 4= piping fit well had to combine the Stock O2 bung with the one they provided and the little bracket they gave to to hold up the intake sucks and it moves to much. i could fix it but not now. everything else fits great

POWER 3-4= i replaced a dirty stock airfilter so i noticed the difference. It seems to pull more after 4000 but only when its cool out.

Loudness 4= i really love the sound. makes a slight sucking noise when you barely touch the gas gets a little annoying but not that noticeable. I have an megan axleback and its still louder than that. my friends all like the sound alot, even for being redneck truck guys.

overall great product. i also have the dual pipe. fits under my flat NRG strut bar without any problems

Quick Reply: Rate your intake