Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

2003 Civic EX performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caffiend is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Civic EX performance mods

I'm trying to find a website that has good prices on performance mods for my 2003 EX (automatic). In particular, I'm looking for a Cold Air Intake that will work with my automatic. Seems like all I can find are for manual. I heard you can use the manual one but will need an extender. I'd rather just get the real deal if possible. Also, I'd like to change the exhaust but I don't care for my car to become loud. Any suggestions? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Also, I'm eventually going to buy some new rims, but still unsure of a good place to look. I've been to many sites but can't really seem to find what I'm looking for. I'd like some aluminum/alloy ones maybe 16s and something like 8-10 spoke.

Caffiend
Old 01-09-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

Go HERE

Old 01-09-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Do a SEARCH first...[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

Welcome.
Old 01-09-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
there's no AEM cai's for autos cause aem has found you get more gains from a SRI then a CAI on auto. you can find the SRI for $100 at adventon.com.

wheels, ya it takes awhile to find the ones you want. it took me like 6 months to decide on my wheels(took around that time to save up anyways ). best advice would be to look through magazine ads that has 50 wheels on one page and see what you like. or goto wheel manufactures/dealer websites. or even a local tuner shop should have many many catalogs...
Old 01-09-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Go HERE[hr]
damn you beat me too it
*I think that when someone signs up for this site a rule should be sent along with verification of username and passwortd that tells you to SEARCH and even has a tutorial as to where to go to search cuz these questions get old

Welcome to the show, as for the wheels searching in mags is the best way to go you get great deals and prices all the time, and for a intake go with a SRI from AEM! You want a great set of rims with 8 spoke go for the VELOX VX8 not many people have them and they are great looking wheels, you want to see what they look like check my members link at the bottom of my sig and they are on there
Old 01-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
there's no AEM cai's for autos cause aem has found you get more gains from a SRI then a CAI on auto

Personally i dont see how thats possible but thats just me. Oh well

INJEN
Old 01-09-2003
YS
Registered!!

YS is an unknown quantity at this point
Get K&N FIPK2 ......

it took me 4 months 5 months to decide which wheels i'm gonna get ........ finnaly i'm getting RH C5 ..... arrive tommorow
Old 01-09-2003
Registered!!

caffiend is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, but I have done searches thru these forums. The search function isn't exactly the best. C'mon, the Acura forum is the default selection? For those of you that helped, thanks.
Old 01-09-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
get some forged rims, velox make some 17's and 18's that weigh about 11.5 pounds... CAI are always better... and get mendrel bent exaust at 2.25. the best headers for your auto are the HP racing.
Old 01-09-2003
Registered!!

MoHaWk2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i can't tell you anything about the air intakes because i don't have one on my car. But if you want wheels, i think a good site would be wheelmax.com. They have an excellent variety of wheels and their prices aren't too bad. I bought 4 wheels and 4 tires from them and they came to my house without much trouble. Pretty satisfied with them. Good Luck
Old 01-09-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
what are you talking about our parts section is great LEARN TO USE IT. also if you cant find any information about mods for our cars using the search then
Old 01-09-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Yeah I agreee. Go with the K & N FIPK II part number<font color=white style="background-color: 3E3E3E;">57-3513</font ft>.
I had a CAI and switched to the K & N FIPK II and noticed better gains.
Plus it sounds a lot better.
You can find them for around $203.00 to $235.00 don't pay more than that,
unless that is you can't wait.
Old 01-10-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
The reason AEM doesn't make a CAI for autos is because the auto transmission gets in the way.

K&N FIPK is your best bet for an intake. I have an auto with this intake, and it's awesome. It will give you 4 hp which isn't that much, but it's a lot for a mod on our cars [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] It's a short intake, but there's a heat shield that stops hot air from the engine from entering so it's kind of like a CAI in theory. And it's not loud and annoying or anything. It really doesn't sound any different from stock until around 4,000 rpms, and past this point it sounds pretty cool, IMO.

Also, be careful with the HP header they mentioned. It will give you 10-14hp, but it's illegal. So... it's up to you.

Good luck.

IronFist

Old 01-10-2003

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
i can't belive this hasn't been locked yet.