Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Does AEM SRI really = hp loss?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Does AEM SRI really = hp loss?

This is stuck in my head for some reason. I can't remember who told me it. I thought someone here said it, though.

Please clarify.

IronFist
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the injen SRI and love it. it does lose some HP in the lower RPM range but in hte higer RPMs you can feel the gain. especially when its cold outside. (its always hot here)
Old 01-07-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
I think what people are seeing is some loss of torque in the low-mid range, but the advantage comes in around 4000-4500 RPM when the engine is pulling more freely and the HP curve is climbing more steeply.
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Bartkat
I think what people are seeing is some loss of torque in the low-mid range, but the advantage comes in around 4000-4500 RPM when the engine is pulling more freely and the HP curve is climbing more steeply.[hr]
agreed
Old 01-07-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
[hr]I think what people are seeing is some loss of torque in the low-mid range, but the advantage comes in around 4000-4500 RPM when the engine is pulling more freely and the HP curve is climbing more steeply. [hr]
agreed also

Your son't have to have the AEM SRI to have this same problem. Any intake is going to have a loss of low-end torque, even CAI. It is worth it to get an intake though, the decreased fuel usage (except for when you floor it to hear that awesome roar) is good and it looks better. I don't have an intake, yet, instead I just removed the resonator box to get a less restricted airflow. My air isn't as cold as the air from a CAI but is still less restricted, which flows much better. If you want, you can just remove the resonator box and put in a K&N drop in filter to get the same effect as the intake but maybe without as much gain as a CAI or SRI. That' sat least what us broke people do.

*I'm glad I have a Honda that I can do that to, props to Honda for putting the filter on top of the throttle body instead of waaaaay down the intake*
Old 01-07-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I already have a K&N FIPK so I wasn't wondering which intake to get. I was just clarifying something that I heard, or rather seeing if I heard it at all [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] I thought I had heard there was a net loss, though (meaning no hp gain anywhere in the powerband).

Thanks.

IronFist
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

xzykotic is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got my AEM short ram installed last week on my 2002 DX and friggin love it! I agree that there is a sligt loss in the low end from the start, but I can feel it as the rpm's rise. Nice sound to it as well. Nest up, Arospeed header and AEM pulley kit.