Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

2002 honda civic build

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civclx is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 honda civic build

i own a 2002 honda civic lx with the gloriously slow d17a1. i'm not looking to make it a race car just want some extra pep like 150Hp+ no boost i would want to engine swap one day but no time soon so dont say k series.

For performance it has a short ram intake +80hp nah just ****in around megan racing headers 2.25" and exhaust 2.5" piping and thats about it sits on tein street advance coil overs and the interior well you probably wouldn't believe a message so ill just put pictures buts let's just say there's a lot of weight that needs to be moved out of it... 40K dollars worth of audio and accessories..

all that stuff will be gone soon but what can i do for performance after ecu ? or build up engine?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0248.jpg
Views:	6940
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	89417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0289.jpg
Views:	12716
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	89418   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0290.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	89419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0291.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	89420   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0299.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	89421  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1473376476810.jpg
Views:	4342
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	89422  
Old 01-14-2017
Registered!!

Vtecsaturn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2002 honda civic build

Was this car in the fast and the furious?
Old 01-14-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Vtecsaturn
Was this car in the fast and the furious?
yeah but back in the day when that series was still good and actually about racing not gangs
Old 01-14-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

-a2 head swap and a crower stage 1 will give it a bit more pep to its step. More or less drop in (with the exception of controlling vtec, gotta wire some stuff together). Doesn't require aftermarket valve springs and retainers.

Can't tell if you have an MT or not, but if so, a lighter flywheel will give less loss at the tranny
Old 01-15-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
-a2 head swap and a crower stage 1 will give it a bit more pep to its step. More or less drop in (with the exception of controlling vtec, gotta wire some stuff together). Doesn't require aftermarket valve springs and retainers.

Can't tell if you have an MT or not, but if so, a lighter flywheel will give less loss at the tranny
yes she's 5 speed and thanks for the reply will i need a new manifold if it has the a2 head though?
Old 01-15-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Your existing mani should mate up just fine to the a2 head

Should also mention (though it was implied by the "drop in") that the stage 1 doesn't require a tune, either.
Old 01-17-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

you could also slap in a DC sports header (although an extension to the wiring for the modified O2 sensor will be needed)
running an EX A2 with Crower (gave a lot more torque, power, better MPG, etc)

when installed the header, it uncorked the cam even further.

but you will need the A2 head.
Old 01-27-2017
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 02civclx
i own a 2002 honda civic lx with the gloriously slow d17a1. i'm not looking to make it a race car just want some extra pep like 150Hp+ no boost i would want to engine swap one day but no time soon so dont say k series.

For performance it has a short ram intake +80hp nah just ****in around megan racing headers 2.25" and exhaust 2.5" piping and thats about it sits on tein street advance coil overs and the interior well you probably wouldn't believe a message so ill just put pictures buts let's just say there's a lot of weight that needs to be moved out of it... 40K dollars worth of audio and accessories..

all that stuff will be gone soon but what can i do for performance after ecu ? or build up engine?

That's the wildest dashboard I've ever seen? Is it all functional? I would love to see it illuminated at night!! Also, what size rims are those, they look nice!
As far as performance goes, go with the Crower stage 1 cam. I have the EX engine d17a2 with intake, DC header, and exhaust and I still make about 10 extra hp only! So you need the cam. But let me tell you, the most a crower will give you is another 15 hp I saw somewhere else in this forum. The real performance boost comes from an K 20 swap, the d17 will never be that fast unless turbocharged.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DC header installed 2.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	89470  
Old 02-01-2017
Registered!!

HomoPirate is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man, you built a nice car. I really like the wheels you put on this beast. How much weight added for those Speakers/Subs?