Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

2002 & 2000 Civics - Best Air Filters?

Old 02-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2002 & 2000 Civics - Best Air Filters?

Originally Posted by MamaBear2015
So with everything I've shown you on this tangent ( EVEN the fact that it doesn't do a thing for the environment), you still argue passionately for it being dictated in our gas. Are you a corn farmer?
You haven't "shown me" anything I didn't already know, or consider to be of significant value.
I'm not arguing passionately for or against.
You are.

I'm in the real world. I specialize in solving real problems in real cars.
Some facts:
1) You personally will not change nor influence the Ethanol content in the fuel supplied to your area, nor will you alter the composition of the winter/summer fuel blends. It's all here to stay unless or until the government and fuel industry decide otherwise.
Deal with it.

1) Ethanol fuel, in and of itself, is not causing problems with nor damaging your cars, no matter how many biased and fear mongering articles you wish to post here.

1) The head gasket is still blown on your newer Civic. It will not be miraculously healed no matter which deity you pray to.
That time bomb is ticking......

And just to keep this post in line with the original subject matter:
1) A dirty air filter cannot cause your noted drop in fuel economy, nor will a clean filter increase your fuel economy.

Supporting documents:
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/maintain.jsp (scroll to the bottom of the page)

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs...02_26_2009.pdf
Old 02-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2002 & 2000 Civics - Best Air Filters?

Originally Posted by ezone
Water "pooled" in the bottom of a gas tank will cause far more problems than absorbed water held in suspension.
Not from the fuel system. An engine can't run on water.
I agree, that was the point I was hoping MamaBear would come to on her own.

Search this Thread