Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Input Shaft Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough
Input Shaft Bearing

Alright I am getting everything ready to replace the input shaft bearing on my trans for my 04 civic ex. But I have a question. If I just use a replacement from my Honda dealer or online OEM bearing will I run into this problem again?

I just talked to a guy that supplies bearings and he will get in touch with me in what he could do for me they make high performance ceramic bearings.

Before I go that route I just want to know if any of you guys with insider knowledge know if the new bearings that Honda is supplying are still prone to the bearing cage breaking or is this fixed by a slight new design....
Old 12-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drftsupramk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Input Shaft Bearing

Interesting. I thought it was a bad design too. I had to replace mine awhile ago
Old 12-09-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If the first one lasted ....(guess)....200,000 miles.....will the car last another 200,000 miles to wear out another ISB?
Old 12-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

Valid point, but I ask because others have had problems with this bearing and at early mileage when the car was still new. They even went bad on the 6th gen civics I replaced one on my old civic.

Will it last the same 200k? or give out sooner?