Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Throttle Body Spacer....Yup! I leaped

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XXWoodmanXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Throttle Body Spacer....Yup! I leaped

After much him-haw'ing, I figured I would finally get one for my '05 civic and see if I see any difference in performance, mileage, pedal-use, etc. Got myself a Helix Power Tower that I'll be installing when I get home today. Mainly looking for increase in mileage, seeing that my Civic is my DD.

This is just my initial post. I will (hopefully) post pics of the install and see what clearance issues I run into, and follow up with short-term results.
Old 04-01-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Throttle Body Spacer....Yup! I leaped

probably won't see much change, if at all, but if you could document your experience, it'd be much appreciated
Old 04-01-2016
Registered!!

Not a problem. If anything, that was the main reason I got it. To see if this is "snake oil" or not, for myself.

There's a lot of Youtube'd stuff out there showing 3-5% performance gains out of them on a variety of vehicles. I know I saw performance gains when I put it on my '96 Trans-Am's LT1 motor back in the day, so..... we'll see. Plus, it's just another How-To we can apply here for the future.
Old 04-02-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Ya but the trans-am is a different beast, those old engines where designed to flow like crap on the lower end engines so you would buy mods to increase air flow.

that's why they have factory options for carbs., headers, and throttle spacers.

The civics almost flow to their limit stock.
Old 04-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about

everything that tunning world sells doesnt mean gain in hp in reality or dyno...

kinda like every candy in the store even the swiss one more expensive, doesnt mean its sweater or better than hershey bar.
Old 04-11-2016
Registered!!

Oh I'm quite certain there's not a gain in HP.

My hopes are to see a slight gain in mileage, which I have noticed, actually. Usually I have to fill up my car by thursday after my trip to work. But now, I dont have to fill up until I get home on thursday, so theres that. By my calculations, this spacer should pay itself off in approx. 6-7 months.
Old 09-29-2016
Registered!!

Tomwatts71 is an unknown quantity at this point

actually, although insignificant at best, you're engine will gain hp at higher rpm's using the spacer. Although in reality we are talking five-10 hp at best...... Doubt your gas mileage has changed due to the simple fact that during normal daily driving you would never get the engine to more than 2500 rpm's....
Originally Posted by XXWoodmanXX
Oh I'm quite certain there's not a gain in HP.

My hopes are to see a slight gain in mileage, which I have noticed, actually. Usually I have to fill up my car by thursday after my trip to work. But now, I dont have to fill up until I get home on thursday, so theres that. By my calculations, this spacer should pay itself off in approx. 6-7 months.