Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

options for chipping d17a2??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B1zZ is an unknown quantity at this point
options for chipping d17a2??

So ive been looking at alot of options for tuning and im not really getting anywhere, my options are real shitty and most are a grand plus. im just looking for ways that u guys chipped yours, how its working and ****. i been looking at kpro but i need an rsx ecu, cam gear, i feel like theres one more thing but the total is 1400$. then we look at the aem ems, heard alot of really good things think i can get it n everything i need for around 8, then theres the greddy i heard it really aint that good, but i have no clue, and whats drawing most of my attention is the aem F/IC im just not sure if this will meet all my needs. My goal with this car is to be a comfortably fast DD, looking to push around a little over 200WhP, im positive i can hit 2 in my car im just looking for a little direction. Im ordering the crower stage 1 cam in the next few weeks. also i cant find a set of headers that dont sound high pitch as all hell, I looked at a few catbacks that sounded low n raspy like i want but im not sure if the high pitch header will cancel it out.
Old 05-31-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: options for chipping d17a2??

Originally Posted by B1zZ
i been looking at kpro but i need an rsx ecu, cam gear, i feel like theres one more thing but the total is 1400$.
KPro is the gold standard. I haven't heard about the other kits. It's kind of a waste if you want to stay naturally-aspirated, though.

My goal with this car is to be a comfortably fast DD, looking to push around a little over 200WhP, im positive i can hit 2 in my car
Unless you go turbo, the only way you're gonna hit 200 is in someone ELSE'S car.

Im ordering the crower stage 1 cam in the next few weeks.
Stage 1 is good. If you're looking at an ECU upgrade, you might as well consider stage 2 or 3. Same price, more aggressive cam. Remember to get the valve spring kit with those.

also i cant find a set of headers that dont sound high pitch as all hell, I
My DC Sports 4-1 doesn't sound bad at all!
Old 05-31-2015
Registered!!

huge price difference between the stage 1 and the stage 2,3 because of the springs valves n retainers. maybe i should be more specific, im building this car, after i get this car where i want it im going to get another block n build it and drop it in when its done, but opinions on some ecus would be great. the stoc ecu blows ill get alot more out of my parts with a chipped ecu and a tune than i would with the stock ecu with a idle relearn, i have alot wrking aginst me on this car but its going to happen, ive seen NA d17a2 built putting out 300 plus WHP, so my goal on tacking another 70 hp isnt that far fetched...... i thought the dc sports one sounded really high? what do u have for a catback.

Last edited by B1zZ; 05-31-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

No easy chip for 7th gen...
Old 05-31-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

alot more out of my parts with a chipped ecu and a tune than i would with the stock ecu with a idle relearn, i have alot wrking aginst me on this car but its going to happen, ive seen NA d17a2 built putting out 300 plus WHP, so my goal on tacking another 70 hp isnt that far fetched
There are NO bolt-ons in the world that will give the D17 300hp, or even 200 for that matter. Where did you see this, and did you get see a legit dyno sheet? Either that thing was turbocharged, supercharged, NO2'd, swapped, honed and ported, some combination of those, or there were 170 horses tied to the front of it that you didn't notice.

i thought the dc sports one sounded really high? what do u have for a catback.
I'm still running stock pipes for now. My priorities lie elsewhere at the moment.
Old 06-02-2015
Registered!!

Loolllll i didnt say bolt ons only haha im not a dumbass, he had it bored out to like an 11-1, i think, i said a D17a2 built, he had the whole engine done if i can find it ill put the link up

Last edited by B1zZ; 06-02-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
No easy chip for 7th gen...
yea i hear you