Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Deeper Exhaust Sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OberKenobi is an unknown quantity at this point
Deeper Exhaust Sound

I have had my 2002 Honda Civic EX for about a year now and I am wanting to upgrade my performance a bit. What are some ways to get a deeper exhaust sound on my car? Don't have a ton to spend, but I am open to any suggestions.
Old 10-11-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Deeper Exhaust Sound

With it being a 1.7 L it's only going to get so deep.

Vibrant Muffler would make it deeper for a good price.

Magnaflow also.

Last edited by GolNat; 03-06-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: I'm a moron
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rice Rocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Take out the intake resonator box. Sounds great.
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rice Rocket
Take out the intake resonator box. Sounds great.
Plus better cooling, easier to work on, and tiny bit weight savings..

But you would have to worry about finding a dead animal when you replace your air filter..
Old 03-06-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

3.5 year old thread fellas. lol

But, since it's been resurrected... @GolNat... it's a 1.7L, not 1.5L. lol

For the edification of people finding this thread hoping for answers, on a D17, I wouldn't go much larger than 2.25" piping. The most I went was 2.36" piping (60mm piping) from my a'pexi WS-II cat-back mated to a random tech 2.25" downpipe/high flow cat, which was attached to a kamikaze ceramic coated header. Exhaust note was one compliment I regularly got on my car, even by people that absolutely abhorred modded civics and the like. Not too loud, no angry swarm of bees, just a nice low rumble.
Old 03-06-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

lol, womp womp!! I wasn't even a newb then and I don't think I had my Fit yet so I wasn't thinking of that engine. I'll fix it though!