Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

ProTuningLab Exhaust vs Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
ProTuningLab Exhaust vs Magnaflow

While browsing through exhaust systems for a 2005 Coupe Ex, I came across several options.

ProCivic has cat back systems from $300-$800
ProTuningLab has non-branded cat back systems for $130
Many websites are selling Magnaflow cat back for $500

What would be a wise decision?

Im interested in Magnaflow due to its lifetime warranty.
Old 12-22-2013
Registered!!

Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ProTuningLab Exhaust vs Magnaflow

The cheapest one on Pro Civic's inventory for a 2005 Ex Se was Megan Racing exhauy system.

On Ebay, theres a Racing Guys exhaust system for about $115.

Does "you get what you pay for" account in buying an exhaust system?

Whats the difference between "T304 stainless steel and SUS304 stainless steel?"
Or a combo of both?

Im really needing to figure this out so I can know what to buy.
Old 12-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rustycivic is on a distinguished road

You definitely get what you pay for with an exhaust.

The Magnaflow will not only sound better, but will last a LONG time, and continue to sound good through the years. For cheap exhausts, they don't fit quite right, the welds may crack/fail, and they generally sound like poop. And even if they sound decent, after a year or 2 the packing inside the muffler will start coming out, which will make the exhaust louder and raspier.
Old 12-23-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

T304 and SUS304 are the same thing. SUS is a Japanese standard while T is used here.

You get what you pay for when it comes to exhaust and mufflers. Like rusty said, the weld quality and the packing material breaks down. Some mufflers need to be repacked after a while because the fiberglass material breaks down so it will get louder as it ages. Also cheaper exhausts/mufflers have a bad tone. I do like a bit of rasp in an exhaust but some take it to far.

How long do you need it to last? Do you live in an area with salty roads? Weather conditions and how often you drive the car will factor into its life span. I was going to get the magnaflow system but got a great deal on my HKS used. Even though I bought it used it is still in great shape and sounds good.

Last edited by GolNat; 12-23-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-25-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rustycivic
You definitely get what you pay for with an exhaust.

The Magnaflow will not only sound better, but will last a LONG time, and continue to sound good through the years. For cheap exhausts, they don't fit quite right, the welds may crack/fail, and they generally sound like poop. And even if they sound decent, after a year or 2 the packing inside the muffler will start coming out, which will make the exhaust louder and raspier.
Thats a good idea to stick with Magnaflow or Tsudo. Thanks btw

Originally Posted by GolNat
T304 and SUS304 are the same thing. SUS is a Japanese standard while T is used here.

You get what you pay for when it comes to exhaust and mufflers. Like rusty said, the weld quality and the packing material breaks down. Some mufflers need to be repacked after a while because the fiberglass material breaks down so it will get louder as it ages. Also cheaper exhausts/mufflers have a bad tone. I do like a bit of rasp in an exhaust but some take it to far.

How long do you need it to last? Do you live in an area with salty roads? Weather conditions and how often you drive the car will factor into its life span. I was going to get the magnaflow system but got a great deal on my HKS used. Even though I bought it used it is still in great shape and sounds good.
With MagnaFlow I can rely on their welds more backed with a lifetime warranty.

Now how about Tsudo? They have a set going for $200.
Their warranty is lifetime as well. Any good reviews?
Old 12-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rustycivic is on a distinguished road

I'm still not a fan of Tsudo. I know they make a decent quality product, I just don't like the canister style muffler, which tend to be louder (HKS Hi-Power is the lone exception). Its an "N1" muffler, so its gonna be loud, just like the Apexi N1. And the Magnaflow tone is great in my opinion. Probably what I would have gone with if I hadn't gone with my Mugen exhaust.