Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

A/C delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sherlock is an unknown quantity at this point
A/C delete

Okay so I want to delete the AC in my car its worhtless anyways. I drive with my windows down and my radio up. So do I just take the **** and scrap it and get a shorter belt or what. I have checked youtube and of course they tell me nothing.

I can do anything in my shop. Ive got lifts and air tools and welders and all kinds of ****. I normally work on older cars. My first being a 1973 Pontiac Vetura. For those who have no idea. Its a nova. This whole computer **** on these new cars makes me wanna shake babies. Anyway thats a rant. I want only people who have done this to reply. If you havent helped do it, or done it yourself you dont know. So hit me up, **** txt me I dont care just wanna know the basic ****. I dont need a full how to guide just the scrap it and move on to a shorter belt or there is other **** you have to do.

719-287-1492.
Josh AKA. Sherlock
Old 11-04-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A/C delete

Couple questions first....

From your bio:
I have been a mechanicn for about 14yrs.
What's a "mechanicn"?

Oh and dont be a dick about it either. I hate it when somebody asks a question but gives no specific as to what they are working on and so forth.
I'm an azzhole, not a dick.
You didn't include in your post what your car is. I had to go dig all the way into the bio to find it.
Just sayin.

wanna shake babies
That's ill behavior.

Now:
Closest I can do is a belt for a 01 Civic DX w/o AC.

Original part # would be 31110-PLA-E02 but they don't give a length, so maybe a local.........NVM.

Googled that part number, the web gives 6PK1035, and that cross references to.....Hell, look for yourself.
http://crossbelts.com/serpentine/6ribkseries.html

HTH
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Deadlyshaddow is an unknown quantity at this point

I removed everything. Lines, compressor, holder tank, and condenser in front the radiator. Auto zone had the belt in stock for no a/c compressor.
Old 03-12-2013
Registered!!

Sherlock is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I looked and the AC has its own belt and pulley directly off of the main pulley. I think I'm gonna just pull the belt and the compresor and lines. I will post and tell you what happens.
Old 04-30-2013
Registered!!

civicinin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sherlock, how'd this turn out? I did this a few months ago, and it turned out well I think.