Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

02 civic si ... idle fluckuation ... tell me how to fix it ... Please to "fix" it

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
surfengines is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic si ... idle fluckuation ... tell me how to fix it ... Please to "fix" it

Please someone give me a definitive, how to fix the idle fluckuation problem. this is not the first o2 civic si that has had this issue. ?!
Old 09-11-2012
Registered!!

nsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura aboutnsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura about
Re: 02 civic si ... idle fluckuation ... tell me how to fix it ... Please to "fix" it

This is my process. My problem is when i come to a stop, the rpm will drop very low and the car will jerk.

Honda rough idle, Low idle & stalling problems
Cleaned IACV (soak for 1 hours with throttle body cleaner to loose up the carbon)
Cleaned Throttle body
Cleaned Vtec solenoid
Cleaned PCV valve and pcv valve hose
Cleaned EGR Valve
Changed primary 02 sensor (I didn't get any check engine light)
Checked all 3 ground wires
Checked engine mount
Checked TPS voltage
Changed Sparkplug
Changed 1 coil pack (one looked burn)
Cleaned brake caliper slide pin (mine was stuck)
Checked brake pad or rotor (pad need replacing)
Checked brake booster
Relearn ECU - Run engine at 3k rpm for 2 minutes to get engine temp to normal. Pull ecu fuse for 10 seconds.
Let car idle for 10 minutes with no load and cooling fan has to come on twice during this time. Turn car off/on. Go for a drive.
My issue has been resolved. I didn't have to follow the other steps.

//Other things to check if still having problems//
TDC sensor (P1362 which says "TDC Sensor no signal) If you had your timing belt and water pump done recently
http://www.diymyhonda.com/civic/tdc-...r-replacement/
Coil pack (Turn Ignition to 2 position, do not start engine). wires should all read around 13.9v. Measure resistance of all 4 coils with a multimeter.
Check and Adjust throttle cable to increase the idle rpm. Use two 12 mm open-end wrenches to loosen the inside nut on the cable and then take up on the outside nut.
Intake Manifold gasket
Catalytic converter
TDC sensor
Coolant system
Engine Timing
Update ecu software
In tank fuel filter
Timing belt slipped a tooth (only if you change your belt recently or you have a very old belt)
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor
Fast Idle valve
Check battery
P0122- Accelerator pedal sensor circuit low input. Frequent Cause: Grounded circuit, biased sensor, PCM

//Test IACV//
Shut the car off and put + battery voltage to the blk/yel terminal (on the valve) and momentarily touch ground to the blu/yel side. When doing this the valve should click, if it doesn%u2019t, replace it.
http://www.diymyhonda.com/civic/bad-...roubleshooting
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

surfengines is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 02 civic si ... idle fluckuation ... tell me how to fix it ... Please to "fix" it

Thank you very much for all of the time that it took to create that answer ! ...Truly appreciated ... Looks like there is more do . Thanks Again !
Old 09-20-2012
Registered!!

superan4711 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this same problem with my EX. I took it to a local shop and it turned out they had another civic in there with a similar problem and they had no idea how to fix it. I had my car checked for error codes and there was nothing. A few days later I noticed the coolant was low so I filled it up and ever since then my problem has vanished.