Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Mnaifold studs

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concon is an unknown quantity at this point
Mnaifold studs

EDIT: Manifold Studs*

Ive been visiting this site for some time now and finally decided to make an account on it, ive tried looking everywhere, all over google and many other sites but cant get a straight answer anywhere.

I need a new manifold so im just gunna buy a full system and on my exhaust now the bolts are oxidized in place. The studs along with the manifold have gone discolored and theres no way the studs will go back on when i get them out with the oxy heat.

So im going to need to order new ones, i like to avoid dealerships because thats just way to expensive for me, i need to know the size for the studs. Its a d17 03 civic, putting the manifold on the block. Everything else is in the shop manual at work except those. Ive seriously tried everywhere.

Ive been told M8, but that doesnt answer the length or anything else. Any help would be great, and this is my first post on the site, but in no way my first visit. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2012
Registered!!

SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough
Re: Mnaifold studs

Ive been told M8, but that doesnt answer the length or anything else. Any help would be great, and this is my first post on the site, but in no way my first visit. Thanks in advance.
M8 is the thread count per inch on the bolt...In other words there are 8 threads per inch...When I put my Turbo in, I went and got some high heat rated bolts from Fasten-all....

The studs will come out with a little PB blaster and letting it sit for about 10 minutes....Take the studs in to fasten-all and they can match up what you need...just make sure you get the high heat rated ones...
Old 01-05-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take a wildass guess and say yours are 8x1.25, x38mm long.

Look your car up here, the hardware sizes are quite often listed. www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Or pull one out and see how long it is.

I usually have no problems with the studs themselves, and the nuts come right off. There's plenty of heat on them every time the engine runs. They don't normally get bad.
So what if they LOOK bad? Have you TRIED to take it apart?
They can come apart just fine. Use a 6-point socket on them.

The heatshield bolts will go to hell though. They round off or snap off. Not critical, so no biggie.
Old 01-06-2012
Registered!!

Concon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
I'll take a wildass guess and say yours are 8x1.25, x38mm long.

Look your car up here, the hardware sizes are quite often listed. www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Or pull one out and see how long it is.

I usually have no problems with the studs themselves, and the nuts come right off. There's plenty of heat on them every time the engine runs. They don't normally get bad.
So what if they LOOK bad? Have you TRIED to take it apart?
They can come apart just fine. Use a 6-point socket on them.

The heatshield bolts will go to hell though. They round off or snap off. Not critical, so no biggie.
Yeah i knew about the TPI, im an apprentice mechanic. And I did try to take them off having one snap clean off. Theres a leak in the manifold (Forget if i mentioned that). Either way, thanks for the link, i was gunna get the ones you said anyways, just cause most civics are the same size, just im having trouble finding stuff on this year civic, the older ones had allot more info available.