Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

what kind of HP gain can i expect from performance exaust and CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011
Ridin' Dirty!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awad619 will become famous soon enoughawad619 will become famous soon enough
what kind of HP gain can i expect from performance exaust and CAI?

Im sure this is all over the forums so please dont blast me, i searched it but couldnt find the numbers. i know it varies and im wondering rough numbers for intake alone and exaust alone and if there is gains when pairing the two. Im looking into Injen and K&N intake. And thinking Magnaflow or Skunk2 exaust. Im looking for a nice hum in the muffler also, any sugs?
Old 11-14-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what kind of HP gain can i expect from performance exaust and CAI?

negligible gains
Old 11-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

1 WDP (wheel dog power)
Old 11-14-2011
ExHondaRacerBackAgain

KirksGTCX is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends..never tuned the car/fuel filter/added fuel system cleaner/air filter/plugs...may get a few Hp gain right there..basic maint. helps..it's not a v8 mustang..where you can get 15-45 HP from those simple=$400 mods..want noise? Get a bigger pipe on the intake, and ditch the airbox, and a big fart-can exhaust..want performance...sorry, not in the Car. under 5 hp at the wheels..If that..Fun factor?? Ya, in the 5's for a few weeks..Raced my Honda's in the past..no replacement for displacement. And compression/forced induction..that helps little motors spin..and then they go kinda fast..
Old 11-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

around 2whp for intake (i dyno tested it), and maybe 1whp for exhaust.
Old 11-15-2011
Registered!!

ac_2007 will become famous soon enough

+5hp for every decal they come with that you put on your car.

If it doesn't come with any, you're looking at more noise, and possibly a HP loss depending on conditions (mostly from CAI). Thats about it.
Get headers and go catless if you want more power. Wouldn't really make sense on a civic though.
Old 11-16-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

it's just not worth it to put any kind of mod into our crappy d17 motors unless you go F/I or maybe a stage 1 cam... which is why i kept mine bone stock.