Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Short Ram Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500e is an unknown quantity at this point
Short Ram Intake Question

I am looking to get a ebay or generic brand short ram intake for my 2001 civic ex coupe manual, and then getting a good filter for it like a k&N or Aem.

I am having trouble finding a cheap sri on ebay. Can someone point me to the cheapest one they know will fit correctly? Also where can i get the filters cheap? FYI i am new to the forum.
Old 10-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Short Ram Intake Question

here ya go..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...ht_3278wt_1165
Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

That one says for Automatic Only, i have a manual.

I found some cheap AEM Dryflow filter on this site but it has multiple sizes listed. Can someone point me to the one which fits my car (2001 civic EX coupe Manual).

http://lightningmotorsports.com/i-50449.aspx
Old 10-02-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Whatever you do dont get a sri from best car part. Quality is terrible and air tem senor has to stretch to reach it
Old 10-02-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you dont mind modding, the cheap ebay intakes are a good idea. but dont expect it to fit right in like the name brands do. also wait til you get the intake before buying a filter. different intakes use different size pipes.
Old 11-03-2011
Registered!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTO-MANUAL-...item415ec7db26

Does anyone have experience with this intake? Currently its the cheapest one i found on eBay. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

The intake mindbomber and you posted up are the exact same thing, it doesn't mean anything between auto and manual.
Old 11-11-2011
Registered!!

ac_2007 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
Whatever you do dont get a sri from best car part. Quality is terrible and air tem senor has to stretch to reach it
You afraid to cut a bit of black tape that holds back the IAT sensor? Mine fits perfect. Cost 31.99 for the CAI, used the generic filter and only one pipe to keep it a SRI for winter. Yeah, its my beater.

I noticed that recently, "bestcarpart" chose to hike up the price of the AEM replica I have to $250 LOL. At the end of the day all you're replacing the intake for is SOUND. If you want the most amount of it, just remove your resonator and be done with it. In my case, the CAI was the same price as a genuine OEM Honda filter, so guess what I did..
Old 01-02-2012
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

I personaly bought about 3_4 diferent ebay sri and cai there all basicly identicle and im very unhappy infact I still want to get a name brand pipe but its rele not worth it since ive alredy spent to much on these ebay ones so currently I have an ebay short ram which was actuly a cai that I only used top half of with a k and n filter and an ebay heat sheild..my best advice is buy name brand and buy it once or risk being unhappy and constantly looking to change it. Reserch and buy once. Its alot more money up front but its cheaper then constantly changing. But hey if ur ona budget ebay pipe with name brand filter is the way to go
Old 02-28-2012
Registered!!

ac_2007 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HateOnEveryone
I personaly bought about 3_4 diferent ebay sri and cai there all basicly identicle and im very unhappy infact I still want to get a name brand pipe but its rele not worth it since ive alredy spent to much on these ebay ones so currently I have an ebay short ram which was actuly a cai that I only used top half of with a k and n filter and an ebay heat sheild..my best advice is buy name brand and buy it once or risk being unhappy and constantly looking to change it. Reserch and buy once. Its alot more money up front but its cheaper then constantly changing. But hey if ur ona budget ebay pipe with name brand filter is the way to go
Why spend hundreds on a "name brand"? I think we have the same two-piece CAI, and its a direct mold of the AEM intake.

All you'd be paying for is a logo.
Old 02-29-2012
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ac_2007
Why spend hundreds on a "name brand"? I think we have the same two-piece CAI, and its a direct mold of the AEM intake.

All you'd be paying for is a logo.
I like my nice blue pipe with an AEM logo though Then again my car came with the sri
Old 01-13-2017
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

very nice fit, looks not the best, sound is loud when you need it to be.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DC header installed 2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	89396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Short Ram (1).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	89397  
Old 05-26-2017
Grey hair

CharlieDee is an unknown quantity at this point

My second post! I picked one up off Ebay from xyz tuning for my 01 LX, I got it in trade and it had no airbox or resonator. Bought the CAI one for $36 bucks but only used it as a SRI, the second part that turns down didn't fit the bracket. The tube that attaches to the TB fit perfect, the sensor hole was slightly higher but I just undid the ziptie that holds that part of the harness and the connector reached fine then. Probably does not help much being in the hot underhood air, but I don't like how low the CAI puts the filter so close to the ground. Too easy for water ingestion for me.