Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

DC sports cold air intake (auto)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
DC sports cold air intake (auto)?

has anyone tried this yet? i've been thinking about going to cold air instead of short ram and with an auto my only choices are injen (garbage, the pipe does not fit right and rubs, brackets dont bolt in place, filter sucks, etc) and dc sports. i noticed the dc seems to be fairly new and they have an auto model. it puts the filter down under the battery, not exactly on the ground so it may be less prone to water sucking. and you can always convert it to short ram in the winter since its a 2 piece design. the dc filters are also really nice, a similar version to aem dryflow where oil is not used. cheapest is 185 shipped on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DC-SP...item4aacd3637f

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DC-SP...item588fbc2c76

Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MandM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DC sports cold air intake (auto)?

I have the AEM CAI for my 01 EX Manual, and sounds about the same as the one you described, except I paid 300 something for mine back in 03. I installed it in like 09 I think. I bought the $50 "bypass valve" with it, but didn't install it. It was just a piece of spaceship shaped foam with rubber boots that go inline with the tubing.

It also puts the filter below the battery behind the bumper, and haven't had any problems sucking water, however I would definitely steer clear of any deep puddles especially if your vic's lowered.

I also just replaced the filter a few months ago, ordered AEM Dry Flow, lo and behold, K&N Built the filter, threw it in an AEM box, so I paid 2 times the markup. It was pretty awesome.

Lastly, I barely noticed little added power, but going from stock to the CAI added the nice throaty sound while accelerating.
Old 12-18-2011
Registered!!

02carbon_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

its an auto man dont waste your time
Old 12-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

mine is a mt but the ebay intake i got puts the filter in the same spot. i havent had any problems with it even through some deep water. plus if you have your splash gaurd under your bumper and the rubber trim piece i doubt much water could get through anyways.
Old 12-14-2012
Registered!!

botakcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did OP manage to get a cold air intake installed?