Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Finally Installed w/pics!: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake.

Old 03-04-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Finally Installed w/pics!: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake.

Well I did it. I took the dive and broke open the old wallet for the sake of the Civic. I purchased a Weapon R Secret Weapon intake.

This is just the beginning of a couple thousand dollar project for the old civic. I never had the money to do anything to it, now that I have I few bucks I figured I would try to get a few things done before the Civic gets too much older. 81,000 miles, it's about time.

I'll post pictures as the Intake arrives and I get it installed.

I think suspension might be the next thing. We'll see. Taking it one paycheck at a time.
Old 03-04-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ordered: Secret Weapon Weapon R Intake

LoL...
Old 03-04-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

good choice on the intake! snap some pics when you get her in tehre
i take it that the civic in your sig isnt yours?
Old 03-04-2008

pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I will definately take some pictures.

Well, the Civic in my sig is definately mine, but I photochopped the wheels on there.
Old 03-04-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

i have the same intake got it brand new for 270 after shipping. Can't really say anything bad about it expect the the mount they give to hold it up sucks. good job though lets see it in there
Old 03-04-2008

Originally Posted by civic-driver
i have the same intake got it brand new for 270 after shipping. Can't really say anything bad about it expect the the mount they give to hold it up sucks. good job though lets see it in there
I picked this one up at weaponspeed.com for $204.68 shipped.

Supposedly it includes a free ram Air II Kit (heard it doesn't fit right) and a Cleaning kit, so I figured it was a decent deal.

I've read up on it and heard the few issues that people have with the mounting and stuff, but hopefully I can get around those issues. The fact that it does a slight bit to increase performance, looks decent, and most important to me it doesn't steal horsepower or sound ridiculously loud was it's selling point to me.

Hopefully I'm as satisfied as most people are with it.
Old 03-04-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

**** that, boost it.
Old 03-04-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Old 03-04-2008

I would boost it, but it's got over 81,000 miles on it. It still might be ok to boost, but in a couple years I'm going to be looking at a new car anyways.

I just want to do a few things I never got the chance to do. A goofy little intake, some suspension, wheels, tires, stuff like that. I'm not a huge car guy. I just like to do a few things here and there.

I just want this baby to sail past the 100,000 mark and into 150 land without any major problems.

When I get enough saved up I'm going to get a different car. Something bigger, better, and badder. Something I can throw a super or turbo charger on and push the 400HP envelope.
Old 03-04-2008
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted

I just got mine 2 days ago. Let me just say im not too happy with it weapon r intake. I have a 2dr ex 5 speed. My generic obx intake pulled harder than weapon r. too late for a refund. Good luck.
Old 03-05-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

really, hmm. i trtied 4 intakes and the wr beat them in every way. and was alot quieter/better filtration/more gain. ive had mine for 2 yrs or more, all the others i never kept more than a few months before the noise made me take it off. the best part is the filter.
Old 03-05-2008

Yeah, gearbox's reviews and comments on the product were a big motivation for getting this intake.
Old 03-05-2008
Registered!!

Rinasdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats hope you enjoy it
Old 03-05-2008
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Also have this intake will be putting it in this weekend hopefully. Gearbox's review also helped me on picking this intake.
Old 03-06-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just make sure you buy the wr foam oil kit and oil it before using. i am cleaning mine every 6 months almost, the foam is strong and works the best when clean. it gets dirty fast because there are over 3x more pores in a given area than k&n. you will never see any spec of dirt in the pipe with the wr filter, which flows more air than an open pipe (k&n flows alot less) and filters better than paper.
Old 03-06-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

how can it flow more air than an open pipe? it doesnt matter how efficient a filter is, it will always introduce some restriction.
Old 03-06-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

it just works off the same principle as using bellmouth ramtubes. A Itb setup doesnt flow very well with out them. it just gives the air an easier transition into the tube. if you put a bellmouth on the end of an open pipe i bet it would flow more then w/ the filter or with just open pipe.
Old 03-06-2008
Premium Member

yup, has a velocity stack. they even showed the test readings. kn flowed the worst, then the open pipe, then the wr which was the highest flow. the inside of the filter looks just like an itb actually.
Old 03-06-2008
Registered!!

Misbah will become famous soon enough

Is the difference marginal or exceptional? Flow rates are one thing and a good standard for testing the pipe, but how much more usable power difference is there ? I would think better since it does flow more, but, marginally better.

GO ROCKETS.
Old 03-06-2008

What is it gear, maybe 4HP? Slightly noticeable.
Old 03-06-2008
Premium Member

an old member tried one on his rsx and said he felt a big difference. on the civic its not much but any lil bit helps.
Old 03-06-2008
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karlozc2003
I just got mine 2 days ago. Let me just say im not too happy with it weapon r intake. I have a 2dr ex 5 speed. My generic obx intake pulled harder than weapon r. too late for a refund. Good luck.
I wonder if it's because......

Originally Posted by gearbox
really, hmm. i trtied 4 intakes and the wr beat them in every way. and was alot quieter/better filtration/more gain. ive had mine for 2 yrs or more, all the others i never kept more than a few months before the noise made me take it off. the best part is the filter.

More often then not people relate noise levels to performance. I.E. the "ricer complex". Not calling you one, but i've had an eGay intake and now my current Injen SRI intake...and I felt no difference between the two. Injen is by far louder though...
Old 03-06-2008
Premium Member

maybe, idk. it just felt better than stock to me so i never went back. i changed around the bay so much i doubt i could ever use a stock airbox anyway lol
Old 03-06-2008

I guess if it sounds cool and looks cool it's all good. If it gives me HP or two, hey bonus!
Old 03-06-2008
Premium Member

to be honest, the sound was all that mattered, and maybe the looks for shows and such. the car is still slow lol.
Old 03-06-2008
Registered!!

Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been using the stock airbox ever since I bought the car back in 2002. This is the healthiest 'long term' for the car, isn't it?
Old 03-06-2008
Premium Member

i guess, paper filters well enough. the oiled foam is a bit better, but not by much.
Old 03-07-2008
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you think of the Fujita filters and AEM Dry Flow?
Old 03-07-2008

I've heard Fujita sucks. Dry flow is probably ok, but as gear said I think the oil treated foam is about as good as it gets.
Old 03-07-2008
Premium Member

dryflow is good, its just paper cone filter. restrictive and filters well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally Installed w/pics!: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake.