Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Finally Installed w/pics!: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Finally Installed w/pics!: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake.

nice job, looks good!
Old 05-27-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

For real? 7 pages for an intake?
Old 05-27-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I actually think it will. I'm not 100% sure because I don't have a strut bar, but check with gearbox, if I remember correctly he has a strut bar with this intake. *edit, gear beat me to it.....**

It could be a situation where some strut bars will work and others will not. Like the DC sports may not work because it's a straight peice, but a Neuspeed might be ok because it bends a bit.

This intake has several peices that fit together so you can actually turn it different directions when installing for somewhat of a custom fit.

Last edited by pheaton; 05-27-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

pics of the pvc hose? i still have the original which is a bit too small and i had to stretch it over the holes and ziptie the middle to keep from bending. it works but id rather have something nicer and black if possible instead of grey.
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gearbox
neuspeed bar works
daym i have the dc sport strut bar.. what intake can work wit that does anyone know..... i was looking into get a weapon r intake .. but i dont want to take off my strut bar..
Old 05-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

neuspeed is so much better than dc tho...just swap it out lol
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

i think the way the dc sport strut bar looks over the engine.. oh well thanks for the info gearbox
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by popee
daym i have the dc sport strut bar.. what intake can work wit that does anyone know..... i was looking into get a weapon r intake .. but i dont want to take off my strut bar..
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ompatible.html

the aemv2 works fine with the dc bar, along with the aem cold air, as you can read in the above link
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

Originally Posted by andyman97
For real? 7 pages for an intake?
you could makke 450whp out of your d17 and it would only last 2 pages
Old 05-29-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by popee
do you think .. if you intsall a strut bar it will clear the intake??
this intake looks very similar to the injen one, so your DC strut bar should fit fine. which one do you have? the titanium one ? or the older model one that bends to the front and is a 3 piece strut bar.

either way, it will fit fine.

or you can just buy an INJEN short ram intake and 100% sure it will fit. either way it will fit. don't worry too much about it.

also, yes the neuspeed one is a LOT better than DC.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

slicknick1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually considering this weapon r secret weapon intake for my 06 civic. Do you guys have an older model civic? If so, to you think I will still have the problems that ya'll had with the weapon r? For example, the shortness of the MAF sensor, the hoses that don't fit or whatever, etc. I don't know a WHOLE LOT about engines but I'm looking into getting a short ram intake so that I can free up some engine bay area so that I can put a bigger battery under the hood. Thanks for your help.