Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Finally Installed w/pics!: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
Re: Ordered: Secret Weapon Weapon R Intake

hey gear, when i ordered my WR secret intake, it came wit two filter and the cleaning kit. but the label on the cleaning kit is gone, and i forgot how to clean the filter...which bottle goes first? the green liquid one or the brownish one? since you clean it often, what do you recommend the best way to get the dirt off and applying the cleaner
Old 03-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well i have the UNI cleaner and oil and they are clearly labeled. just test them and the one that feels very sticky is the oil. you want to spray on the cleaner first (smells bad like gas), let it sit 5 minutes, then rinse it all out with running tap water inside and out. repeat this if the filter still looks dirty. then hold the filter on its side and let the water drain off, then shake it many times to get the excess off, and finally let it dry for a few days. a week is better just to be sure its dry. then spray both sides all over with the oil and reinstall.
Old 03-08-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Regular air dry is important. Don't put a fan on it. You'll kick up more dust and have a dirty filter before you put it back in.
Old 03-09-2008
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Okay I've just installed the intake I will take some pictures of my dirty engine bay with the intake installed, I did some quick ghetto-rigging to hold it up the best way for now. Later on i'll come up with a better way to hold it up.
Old 03-09-2008
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

i have the same for 2 years. cant complain beisdes the new air filters are $60
Old 03-09-2008
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

I don't mean to thread jack pheaton, but I don't think it makes sense to make another thread about the intake. So here is my ghetto install. Please forgive the dirty engine bay (any suggestions on whats best to clean it?). Please try to be nice about my ghetto rigging.

Old 03-09-2008

pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Isn't your little clamp there going to rub the finish off?

My other concern I guess are the wires running over the pipe. Wonder what the risk of those getting too hot?
Old 03-09-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

one of those tubes rubbed a big mark in my sticker and now it doesnt look as good. i doubt anything gets hot enough to matter. the engine bay is already hot and i havent had any problem in the summer heat.
Old 03-09-2008
Premium Member

also i wish they didnt change the design. i liked the older style alot better. the temp sensor was in a better spot, and the tb pipe was a whole piece no welding, and had rough surface inside to turbulize the air flow lol. too bad they never made it a dual chamber pipe either like most of the other models.
Old 03-09-2008
Registered!!

Any suggestions on how to clean up the engine bay like all of the dirt and grime? And does that clamp look lame? It actually does help hold it up a bit. Please for some feedback! Thanks alot!
Old 03-09-2008
Premium Member

its fine but may eat through the pipe after a while. just due to the intake moving around alot while driving. what i did was take a small bracket and wire tie it to the cruise control box mount and the bottom of the intake clamp. and then used a few zipties too which seem to be working.

another thing is make sure you sand down the end part of the filter that goes into the rubber tube and then wipe with alcohol. its really smooth and ive had mine fall off a few times. but after sanding it and wiping everything with alcohol, it never did again. fyi...
Old 03-12-2008

Thumbs up Arrived: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake *PICS

It showed up today!! Check it out.

Gearbox, did yours come with the bracket in the 4th picture? Is this the magic peice to fix the sagging problem? Or is this bracket something else? I haven't gotten to the install yet. I will be sure to post pics of that.

Old 03-12-2008
Premium Member

i threw that bracket away lol. its so soft, it will bend from the weight of the intake. whats that long black thing that says WR in the back?
Old 03-12-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

im guessing that would be the short ram pipe wrapped in plastic maybe?
Old 03-12-2008
Premium Member

no the two pipes are in bubble wrap? lol maybe its a seatbelt pad
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

didnt he say it came with a "ram air kit" for free? im guessing thats the tubing for it
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

inthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trusted

I installed a secret weapon intake on my 00 civic ex about a month ago. You only hear it when accelerating a little hard, but it's very noticeable when you do so. Also there's a little whistle noise right before I switch gears, can be heard at the end of each gear.

If people say they don't feel power they're not very smart. Anything that lets an engine breath a lot better instead of restricting air flow makes a noticeable difference.

I'm going to do a b16a2 engine swap, I believe it'll fit when I do that later this year, but I'm also thinking about boosting. Until then SW intake gets a thumbs up for me.

and wth is that plastic tubing for?
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

Nice, you finally got it now install it!
Old 03-12-2008

Originally Posted by gearbox
no the two pipes are in bubble wrap? lol maybe its a seatbelt pad
No it's not a seatbelt pad. It's the Ram Air II kit. When I do the install I'll see if it's worth a darn. The bracket seems pretty firm, I'll see how that goes too. I think I have access to a welder, so one way or another that baby is going to be mounted on there good.

just make sure you buy the wr foam oil kit and oil it before using.
Where did you get your oil kit?
Old 03-12-2008
Premium Member

ordered from weaponspeed.com i think, and they sent me the UNI brand foam oil and cleaners. very good stuff. wait you didnt get oil with yours? its supposed to come with two things (cleaner and oil) even the weapon-r kit has both. you got robbed lol, and you need the oil to use on the filter.
Old 03-13-2008

ordered from weaponspeed.com i think, and they sent me the UNI brand foam oil and cleaners. very good stuff. wait you didnt get oil with yours? its supposed to come with two things (cleaner and oil) even the weapon-r kit has both. you got robbed lol, and you need the oil to use on the filter.
****. I'll have to look through the stuff again. I got cleaner, but I didn't see the oil. I guess I'll call them and see what's up. If there isn't oil I'll have to get some. Maybe I can find it locally?

I was hoping to install it this weekend but this might put the plans on hold. At the very least I want to maybe do a loose fitting on the car and see what I can work out with the bracket.

We'll see what happens.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

Re: Arrived: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake *pics

The oil is not included I went through this same problem a few weeks ago, had to order the oil separate. As for finding the oil locally please note that it isn't recommended to use any other oil (like the K&N brand) on the WR intake.
Old 03-13-2008
Premium Member

yeah if you can find a foam filter oil, go ahead, but i havent seen anything local.
Old 03-15-2008

Well, no luck locally. The install will have to wait for a bit longer. I'm going out to weaponspeed or something now to get the oil on the way. I'm hoping that I'll get it by next weekend so I can hopefully get this installed around family Easter time.

I guess it wont hurt waiting another week, I'm taking the car for an oil change on Tuesday, so might as well have the car running well before I install the Intake.

I went to Autozone to ask for the filter oil and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Do you have foam filter oil?

Guy: What kind of oil?

Me: Foam filter, it's treatment oil for a foam filter.

Guy: So you want oil for your filter?

Me: Yes

Guy: You have a foam oil filter?

Me: No, I have foam intake filter and I'm looking for the oil that goes on it to treat it.

Guy: Oh, ok. I know what you are taking about now. We don't sell those. If you look in those Import Tuner magazines we have, you'll find all kinds of stuff that you need in there. Or go to spoon.com.

Me: Uh. . Ok thanks..

So that was fun. I did pick up a Haynes book though (quick reference) and I figured I might as well pick up a PCV Valve. I probably don't "need" one but might as well sense I'll be working in that area of the car.
Old 03-15-2008
Premium Member

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice

"spoon.com" sounds like a very informative conversation. you should go back and tell him you went online and it was a gourmet foods site and just watch the dumbfoundedness in his eyes.
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted

Got a question for those with weapon R intake . Do we have to treat the filter prior to install? If so why? will not treating the filter affect performance?
Old 03-15-2008
Premium Member

um yea, the foam does not filter very well without oil.
Old 03-16-2008

Gear, where did you get your oil? I'm having troubles finding it. I found a few places, but nothing from anyplace I've bought before.
Old 03-16-2008
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sale...Kits/part/Foam

Try this^^^^
Old 03-16-2008
Premium Member

lol i actually dont remember, i thought from racinglab.com but idk. been way too long. and i got a second can of oil free at the last car show i was at too bad you dont live nearby or you couldve just come over and used mine

Quick Reply: Finally Installed w/pics!: Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake.