Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

WEaponR warm air

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ElectroScantch is an unknown quantity at this point
WEaponR warm air

I just bought a WeaponR short ram intake that was said to fit a 2005 EX. Anyway, are the WeaponR intakes for the EX different (versus LX) in that they have 2 sensors on them? Because this one does. I currently have a 2001 LX with a K&N Typhoon and it only has a single sensor, does my 2005 EX have 2 sensors? Or did I buy the wrong intake? Thanks so much.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Re: WEaponR warm air

Intakes should be the same for all. Only difference should be AT vs MT because of the clearance with the tranny for CAI.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

I'll sell you my WeaponR SRI...no need for it anymore now that my turbo install is almost done...and there shouldn't be holes for 2 sensors...take that SRI and b*tch slap whoever sold it to you...unless its like your mom or something...
Old 03-21-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe you bought the wrong year, or they sent the wrong one.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by PitchBlack
I'll sell you my WeaponR SRI...no need for it anymore now that my turbo install is almost done...and there shouldn't be holes for 2 sensors...take that SRI and b*tch slap whoever sold it to you...unless its like your mom or something...

Does the Si have 2 sensors?
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah. ours has two holes tho, one for air temp sensor and one for breather hose. heres my weaponr but its the older design. it has the sensor in the back behind the hose.

Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

^^ god im jealous. your engine bay looks so clean. mine is ugly and blown up. lol
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah. ours has two holes tho, one for air temp sensor and one for breather hose. heres my weaponr but its the older design. it has the sensor in the back behind the hose.

Sorry for the thread jack, but how did you polish the header heat shield?? That looks amazing!! Also, did you relocate the fuse box?

Last edited by bakertime; 03-21-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah fuse box is under the air filter. notice the battery terms are switched too but that was a long time ago from getting the wrong battery. the heat shield i just used mothers metal polish on until it became shiny. it took a while tho.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Looks awesome man, I'm definitely going to give a go at that heat shield. Did you use a buffer to do it? Sand it first?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

nope! just get some rags and the polish. work the polish in one small section at a time til it turns black, wipe residue off, put more polish and keep doing it til it shines. once its shiny, you only have to go over it every few months 1-2x so it stay shiny. you can also to the ps pump, ac lines, and those metal parts, they will look like chrome when youre done.
Old 03-21-2007
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about

Gearbox has always had the cleanest bay of us all. I did attempt to clean my tires close to as good as he (you) would have, but now I have a fat blister on my thumb!
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

Hi Gearbox, so the SI does have 2 sensors? It's the old model as well, kind of looks like yours, but has yellow gaskets. for some reason it won't let me post pictures on here.. Thanks very much for your help.
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

any pics of your intake? i can tell you if its the right one.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
any pics of your intake? i can tell you if its the right one.

There it is. AS you can see it has 2 sensors.. Could this be for an SI?
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light

I'd say just put it on and if it fits, plug up one of the sensors' holes...prob ably the far one so you don't have to extend the wires.
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

well heres the thing, the shape looks perfect, the sensor should be in the pipe, not in the yellow piece. did you buy this used? looks like the installer got lazy and didnt wanna extend the sensor wires to the far hole in the pipe so rather they made a hole in the yellow part. idk why there are two sensors in the pipe, im betting they are both the same air temp sensor. pull them out and compare, im betting they are. just extend the sensor plug to reach the middle, then block off the hole in the yellow thing or try and find a new silicone coupler and use that instead.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

i had same problem...... i had to extend my sensor soo i just closed the hole on the intake with a plug and drilled out a hole for the sensor
Old 03-22-2007
Registered!!

fightax is an unknown quantity at this point

bro, you want my injen cold air intake?..also it can be converted to a sri if u want....injen is da **** xP