Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Megan Racing catback...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout881 is an unknown quantity at this point
Megan Racing catback...

does anyone here have a megan racing catback? right now i'm running a custom 2.5" catback with a cheap muffler i should of never of bought... i've had it on about a year, and i'm sick of the rattling sound, its embarassing and sounds like complete ****, iget that sound anywhere above 4k rpm... under that it sounds ok WITH the silencer in (way too loud without it, no resonator). basicly, i want to know if with the full megan racing drift spec catback is there any rattling sound? or just the full deep tone? AND if i decide i want it totally quiet, will the silencer make it fairly quiet? also i have an AEM SRI..thanks guys, just want to make a smart purchase for what i want, any suggestions will help!
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the megan catback exhaust and wouldn't trade it for the world. Nice and deep tone, no rattling sound. The higher the rpms you go the sicker it sounds. Um...it's not too too loud if your not on the gas pedal but if you're at WOT it gets loud. I'd say its medium loud if that makes any sense. Mine did rattle a bit when I had my OEM header but that was at idle and you coudldn't hear it all the time. After I got the megan shorty header the rattling went away so I guess it sort of pulled the heat shield up a bit. Anyways, the sound is great and fitment was great too and it does come with a resonator. Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
i have the cat-back and love it....have had for about a year and a half no problems
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

thanks guys.. how quiet is it compared to stock with the silencer in??
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
this will make u want it more
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...1266F25829413"

and yes that is megan catback drift spec

Last edited by soldierboi; 08-02-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I had my silencer on for a while and it does cut down the sound alot. Idle is close to stock sound and it sounds like you just have a header in daily driving. I must say though you lose all sort of performance from it... the back pressure builds up quite a bit and it just sounds like the car is choking lol. I fell in love with the sound with the silencer off.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

wow, that sounds ****ing sexy. my girlfriends brother has the same catback on his 05 scion...thought it would sound different with the 1.7 compared to the 2.4 engine in his...sounds basicly the same...definatly going with this catback, thanks guys
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
yup...megan catback is the shizznit. i'd buy it.
Old 01-12-2007
Registered!!

amatias is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you guys also have the MR racing downpipe?