Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

where to buy grey's and/or capyoda's kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TigreTek is an unknown quantity at this point
where to buy grey's and/or capyoda's kit

This thing went from my asking questions to an EDU/FAQ.

b&m shifter: $177? i think at dezod.com (support your board sponsors )

grey's kit: just email him using the board functions. EMAIL LINK . paypal payment to: mdobosz@gmail.com $7 shipped

capyodas kit: www.freshbacon.com/139/ (this is out of stock as of 5/10/2006) about $16 shipped in the continental US.

an alternative to capyoda's kit is the kumosport kit. it's more expensive, but i got it for about $30 shipped directly from their site. www.kumosport.com. obviously, support capyoda and get the cheaper kit if you can, but if you're impatient, go for the original.

look for TigreTek's kumosport+grey+b&m install how to coming sometime in the next few weeks.

Last edited by TigreTek; 05-11-2006 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Get a Revo shortshifter. I think you can get those for around $100
Old 04-27-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
I just PM'ed Grey for his kit. For Capyoda's kit I just used the the e-mail address on the website you have listed there. They both told me where to Paypal the $$ to. Have both kits installed with my Revo G2, and it's a pretty sweet setup.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jcem
I just PM'ed Grey for his kit. For Capyoda's kit I just used the the e-mail address on the website you have listed there. They both told me where to Paypal the $$ to. Have both kits installed with my Revo G2, and it's a pretty sweet setup.
grey got back to me via email.

i'm going to email capyoda next.

as far as buying the revo, i read that the early ones were prone to some stress/fatigue type failures. I realize that the revo is shorter, but my GF (whose car i'm buying this for) doesn't care to have the shifter physically lowered, she just wants shorter throws.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

civicPesek is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TigreTek
grey got back to me via email.

i'm going to email capyoda next.

as far as buying the revo, i read that the early ones were prone to some stress/fatigue type failures. I realize that the revo is shorter, but my GF (whose car i'm buying this for) doesn't care to have the shifter physically lowered, she just wants shorter throws.

can you give me Gray's email? i need to get the kit too, and how much does it cost you?
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civicPesek
can you give me Gray's email? i need to get the kit too, and how much does it cost you?
i don't know if he wants it given out. it was $7 shipped.

look up his profile on here and use the "send an email to XXXuser" link on it

i'd copy the link in here for you, but the forum admins have an asinine anti-spammer policy that doesn't allow me to do so until i have 15 posts.
Old 04-28-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
i'd copy the link in here for you, but the forum admins have an asinine anti-spammer policy that doesn't allow me to do so until i have 15 posts.
If you had any idea how many people sign up on this board just to spam, and the work involved in finding and deleting these posts and then the users, you would be calling it "heavenly" and not "asinine". Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TeLLy
If you had any idea how many people sign up on this board just to spam, and the work involved in finding and deleting these posts and then the users, you would be calling it "heavenly" and not "asinine". Just my 2 cents.
i'm a moderator of the initiation forum in the sixth largest forum on the internet. all i deal with is verifying new users and hunting spammers/trolls/alter egos. i know exactly what you're talking about.

edit: wouldn't the 15 post minimum just encourage postwhoring in addition to the spamming they came here to do?

Last edited by TigreTek; 05-10-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
hey did the revo came out with a new SS called the G2?
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
hey did the revo came out with a new SS called the G2?
don't know, it's probably just a revised "generation 2" version of the original.
Old 04-28-2006
Premium Member

G2 is adjustable
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
i'm a moderator of the initiation forum on one of the largest forums on the internet. all i deal with is verifying new users and hunting spammers/trolls/alter egos. i know exactly what you're talking about.

edit: wouldn't the 15 post minimum just encourage postwhoring in addition to the spamming they came here to do?
Hey, is that forum OffTopic? just curious.
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by JCiv03
Hey, is that forum OffTopic? just curious.
rule #1. :squint:
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the first gen Revo in mine w/ capyoda and greys kit. I love it, but kind of curious about the 2nd gen adjustable ones? Anyone have pics comparing the old and new? Or just the new one anyways. What exactly is adjustable on it?? Is it really any better than the one I have?

I cant really see having an adjustable shifter a good thing. Seems like the more moving parts the easier it would be to break. Or "adjust" when shifting.
Old 04-30-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Dark_Pyro7
I have the first gen Revo in mine w/ capyoda and greys kit. I love it, but kind of curious about the 2nd gen adjustable ones? Anyone have pics comparing the old and new? Or just the new one anyways. What exactly is adjustable on it?? Is it really any better than the one I have?

I cant really see having an adjustable shifter a good thing. Seems like the more moving parts the easier it would be to break. Or "adjust" when shifting.
The G2 is exactly the same, except the post where the primary cable attaches can be moved up or down to adjust the throw of the shifter. I think at the highest setting, it's the same as the G1. So unless you want a longer throw than you have with your G1, there is no advantage for you.
I was worried about it coming loose at first, but I cranked it on there pretty good and looks pretty solid, so I think It will stay all right. I keep the hex key for it in my console storage bin just in case, though...
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the info
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
what is this greys and capyodas kit everyone is talking about im so confused, i am gettin a revo ss g1 tomorrow in all likelyhood so fill me in...!
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
It replaces a few parts in the revo with tougher, more durable pieces.
I'd buy both sets, but I'm feeling too lazy... Somebody should order some revo's, and order the kits, and mark it up 10 bucks...
I'd buy one
Old 05-10-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by caquinde
what is this greys and capyodas kit everyone is talking about im so confused, i am gettin a revo ss g1 tomorrow in all likelyhood so fill me in...!
Capyoda's kit replaces the rubber bushings between the shifter assembly and the chassis with aluminum ones, reducing movement of the assembly while shifting. Grey's kit replaces the stock pins and clips with beefier ones and adds a couple of washers, reducing play in the shifter itself. Get them both!
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
HOw can you order gray's kit?
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6
HOw can you order gray's kit?
email him

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/se...ilmember&u=322
Old 05-11-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
anyone orderd the shift bushings lately? I've been checking freshbacon.com and they say they are out of order so I emailed them and haven't heard anything from them in about a week
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Cptn. Slow
anyone orderd the shift bushings lately? I've been checking freshbacon.com and they say they are out of order so I emailed them and haven't heard anything from them in about a week
still on backorder. i just got impatient and paid the additional $15 to buy the kumosports.
Old 05-12-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
capyodas kit really helps with the shifter firmness. i had that + a revo in my 7thgen. i still have the revo sittin around (sold the car), but i think i lost the bushings.

i'm a moderator of the initiation forum in the sixth largest forum on the internet. all i deal with is verifying new users and hunting spammers/trolls/alter egos. i know exactly what you're talking about.

OT, woot.

Last edited by mandangalo; 05-12-2006 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mandangalo
capyodas kit really helps with the shifter firmness. i had that + a revo in my 7thgen. i still have the revo sittin around (sold the car), but i think i lost the bushings.

OT, woot.

well i ordered the capyodas kit, but not from him the other place casue im not waiting, yes i cant wait. now the greys kit, for the poeple who have it can you tell me what it included and i can go buy the parts at the store instead of waiting for this person.

i wanna get all my things done before i go away.

as far as i know it included the pins, and washes? is that it?
Old 05-12-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
"It consists of two e-clips, two stainless cotter pins, two stainless neoprene bonded washers, and instructions" that's from the e-mail he sent me. I ordered mine wednesday but I have no idea when I'll get it
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Cptn. Slow
"It consists of two e-clips, two stainless cotter pins, two stainless neoprene bonded washers, and instructions" that's from the e-mail he sent me. I ordered mine wednesday but I have no idea when I'll get it

did he say he had that stuff in stock?
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6
did he say he had that stuff in stock?
he did last week. i doubt he ran out.

Originally Posted by mandangalo

OT, woot.
rule #1 :squint:

Last edited by TigreTek; 05-12-2006 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

thanks! need this **** asap, or ill go make my own kit.lol
Old 05-14-2006
Registered!!

civicPesek is an unknown quantity at this point
which kit made the biggest difference? grey's or capyoda's ?
i'm leaning toward grey's just because the pin that holds my primary cable rattles after I installed my revo, but should I get capyoda's too ?