Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Intake Manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Intake Manifold.

Does any company make an intake manifold for the d17a2 yet? or is there one from an older civic or something that would fit... with minor or no modifications.

=-=-=-=-=-=Appologize if been posted b4=-=-=-=-=-=
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by D17CivicEX
Does any company make an intake manifold for the d17a2 yet? or is there one from an older civic or something that would fit... with minor or no modifications.

D16Y8 will fit, search around, theres info on it.
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

thanks a bunch.... i decided to be lazy this time besides im also doin homework due in aprox. 10 hours... so i also dont have much time....

but thanks again....
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

i just searched it and found that id have to close the holes and crap and redrill new holes and ****? and ya itll cost around 1k? im struggling just to get enough money for a damn intake manifold....(im only 17... no job atm...)
Old 11-15-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
hmmm never read about it being 1k in work.
search more, althought there isnt any real specific clear threads about it.
Old 11-15-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
If the d16y8 will fit then.....is there any reason we couldn't just buy an aftermarket edlebrock or skunk2 IM?,
^^^That would be nice......anyone know?
Old 11-15-2005
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
ive also seen the b18c1 intake manifold bolted up with modification
Old 11-15-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Slow Gold
ive also seen the b18c1 intake manifold bolted up with modification
Kinda like mine?

Its a lot of work to make the b series manifolds fit. Take it from me, i did all of the work on mine. Its a lot of welding, and a lot of porting.
Old 11-15-2005

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
turboengnr - did do anything to the runners inside it? Also u wouldnt happen to have a DIY for that
Old 11-15-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by turboengnr
Kinda like mine?

Its a lot of work to make the b series manifolds fit. Take it from me, i did all of the work on mine. Its a lot of welding, and a lot of porting.
Yeah, your setup is sweet......but as you said alot of work......now that people are finally making progress with this stuff.....makes me alot happier to own a d17
Old 11-15-2005
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
i had to section the runners because they did not line up. Then i had to weld it all back together and port the inside smooth.

I also port matched the inside to the head.

Then i had to make a throttle body adaptor plate to fit the stock throttle body. Modify the stock throttle body. weld the adaptor to the manifold. weld up the stock MAP sensor mount. Tap the stock IAC holes, insert 90* vaccum fittings. Make a custom Throttle cable mount. make a mount for the vaccum canister/solenoid for the secondary intake runners. make a custom mount for the stock fuel rail. modify the stock fuel rail. Relocate all the sensors. Cut apart the wiring harness, re-route all the wires for the sensors (i did not extend a single wire).

I used JB weld on the inside of the runners in order to make sure they sealed and to fill in the small creases. My welder isnt a water cooled one, so i the head was too large to be able to weld some of the inside of the runners.

And before anyone tries to flame me for using JB-weld, ask anyone who has been porting heads for years about JB weld. I can guarantee that it has probably been used on most race engines. I personally know a person who ports heads for several professional race teams. And the heads on his 55 chevy (which went 8.02 naturally aspirated) has JB weld inside its ports.

I did not do a DIY on this, because it is soo in-depth and requires a lot of skill with a TIG welder. If someone needs a DIY for this, then they probably should not be attempting it.

Heres some pictures.

Old 11-15-2005

Dont let your head swell but, Damn u got some skills. im pretty positive youre the only one with that mod
Old 11-16-2005
DONT PANIC

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
Dont let your head swell but, Damn u got some skills. im pretty positive youre the only one with that mod
why thank you.

Ive been told by several people that you cant make a b-series manifold (especially GSR) fit on a D-series.

Also, i had never seen it done. So i wanted to do it.
Old 11-16-2005
Once boosted now i-VTEC

C Orndorff is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by D17CivicEX

I was the only one running a D16Y8 Mani for a while but I did a K20 Swap so i sold it Andyman97, and he just put down some great numbers with it.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...=234989&page=2
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
why dont other companies make intake manis that will fit our cars?? i think they should. and is switching to a d16 mani worth it? or even a b series mani? better pull? would it help out in long runs?
Old 11-16-2005
DONT PANIC

mine runs quite a bit better than the stock one.

Plus i needed more flow for the built engine i have, and the turbo system that will be partially built in december.
Old 11-16-2005

well, today i went to a buddys shop to see if he could get a d16y8 mani for me, i was about to get it off him in a few days till i realized i would have to get new pipes made for my turbo setup (at least the one going to the TB). and i think if i got new pipes made there wouldnt be enough under hood clearance for it beacuse of the way the tsi kit comes up from the drivers side. maybe if i routed it under the manifold and up to the TB?
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
why dont other companies make intake manis that will fit our cars?? i think they should. and is switching to a d16 mani worth it? or even a b series mani? better pull? would it help out in long runs?

hehe i didnt want to ask that... i was gonna wait to see if anyone else brings it up... so i wouldnt get biotched at for reposting some crap already been talked about b4.... idk if it has or not though..
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

well i dont care if people flame me. LoL...just the internet. i ask so i can figure out the answer so i dont have to ask it again.
Old 02-26-2006
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
reading about how much work it took to get that manifold to fit makes me wanna ****. that's sooooooooo beyond anything i'll ever be able to comprehend when it comes to working on my car. good freaking job though. that's an awesome mod. i wish there was a real aftermarket manifold made for the d17 so we wouldn't have to go totally custom to get a fairly simple mod.
Old 02-26-2006

a member on here, dezod is making a intake manifold for us. dezod is a great company for our cars, lots of parts some exclusive.
Old 02-26-2006
Registered!!

hmm.....well is it out on sale yet?
Old 02-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Not yet. Soon
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

Blk2k2civy is an unknown quantity at this point
pick up the new april honda tuning mag they're made a b20 manifold with a 70mm k20 throttle body
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

hurry with the new intake ani for the d17s.
Old 03-17-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yea since no one wants to explain to me how to fit a d16y8 mani on my car, ill have to get one from dezod lol
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

search for it. someone already talked about it.
Old 03-17-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i have pmed and ask everywhere. no one will help. believe me ive asked.
hey dezod, maybe you should do a d16y8 IM conversion kit for our cars. you could make some serious cash.
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

well...buncha bastards around here eh? lmao...j/k. have you not found the thread that talks about it?
Old 03-17-2006

i have. eh, i have covered all the bases. trust me. pmed everyone who had one, and i got offers to buy one, but i want a DIY not a finished one.

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold.