Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Intake Manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
its very easy, i looked into and felt like i was being ignored also. the real problem is its ten times easier than you think so you assume no1 is telling you the full story.
all you needed to do is reroute some wires and re drill some holes to mount it to ours, its pretty dam easy. but not worth it if dezod is coming out with something.
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
thats all you have to do?? that sounda hella easy. you could probably do that in your own garage.
Old 03-17-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
yea. ive been telling people how to do that for a while. Its just a simple task of re-drilling bolt holes.
Old 03-17-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turboengnr
yea. ive been telling people how to do that for a while. Its just a simple task of re-drilling bolt holes.
help me do a DIY man.
Old 03-17-2006
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
im waiting on a friend to mail me his D16 manifold. I will take pics and do a writeup as soon as i get it.
Old 03-17-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
im waiting on a friend to mail me his D16 manifold. I will take pics and do a writeup as soon as i get it.
thank you! you know ill be like one of the first people to follow it. and ill be glad to do it too. ill add stuff on if i think its needed. with your approval first of course
Old 03-17-2006
DONT PANIC

add whatever you want to it. I dun care.

Im trying to make him send me like 3 or 4 extras to play around with. I think i could make some pretty badass manifolds.

Actually, i know i can make some pretty badass manifolds. There is no "i think" about it.
Old 03-17-2006

so is this gonna be easier than the GSR one or what?
Old 03-17-2006
DONT PANIC

oh definately. The GSR one was a BIATCH!!

I am going to cut the plenum off one and knife-edge the runners to allow it for a ton more flow. Ive done it before. Like when i did a Y8 manifold swap on my wifes 98 civic.

I ported the **** outta this manifold then put it on my wifes car after we turbod it. Man, it felt like adding an extra 3 psi of boost. It was great.

Hell, i tried to sell the manifold on here for like $50. But nobody wanted to buy it.
Old 03-17-2006

i don't want a complete one man. I WANT TO DO IT MYSELF! hehe. hence i asked for a DIY. i had 2 offers for a complete one and i turned them down. i want this bitch done by me lol. thanx again. can't wait to see the results.
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
oh definately. The GSR one was a BIATCH!!

I am going to cut the plenum off one and knife-edge the runners to allow it for a ton more flow. Ive done it before. Like when i did a Y8 manifold swap on my wifes 98 civic.

I ported the **** outta this manifold then put it on my wifes car after we turbod it. Man, it felt like adding an extra 3 psi of boost. It was great.

Hell, i tried to sell the manifold on here for like $50. But nobody wanted to buy it.
PM'd you

Last edited by cosmo; 04-02-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2006
DONT PANIC

i PM'd you back.

If you need some help or need me to do anything, just PM me again
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

what kind of performance gains should you be expecting from switching to a d17 intake mani to a d16?
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Steggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Shameless plug: Sorry to threadjack, but... how about just buying my brand-new, never been used KMS Intake manifold? No modifications neccessay, it's just a bitch to install. PM me with your offer and zip code if your interested.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

^^^ uhh...you might wanna make a thread about this in the for sale/ trade section.
please dont thread jack no more.
Old 04-04-2006

Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
what kind of performance gains should you be expecting from switching to a d17 intake mani to a d16?
turboengnr can tell you. he told me but i can't explain it as well.

Originally Posted by Steggy
Shameless plug: Sorry to threadjack, but... how about just buying my brand-new, never been used KMS Intake manifold? No modifications neccessay, it's just a bitch to install. PM me with your offer and zip code if your interested.
thats ok, KMS is here in GA i could probably pick one up for cheaper. anyway, i want to do the y8 one to learn how.

Last edited by MajinB; 04-04-2006 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

ive read somewhere that it only gives you a little better top end power.
Old 04-04-2006

Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
ive read somewhere that it only gives you a little better top end power.
he told me when he did it for his wife's car, when it was boosted, it was like 3 psi more than normal. i will be gettin boosted sometime this year or by the end of next. hopefully anyway, i believe him. i think it will be work all the work ill have to do. and i think it will help my N/a setup too.
Old 04-04-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MajinB
he told me when he did it for his wife's car, when it was boosted, it was like 3 psi more than normal. i will be gettin boosted sometime this year or by the end of next. hopefully anyway, i believe him. i think it will be work all the work ill have to do. and i think it will help my N/a setup too.
The KMS will be mimimal and possibly even hurt your peformance on an N/A car. I would say wait for our D17 turbo one and scoop it when your turbo'd.
Old 04-04-2006

Originally Posted by dezod
The KMS will be mimimal and possibly even hurt your peformance on an N/A car. I would say wait for our D17 turbo one and scoop it when your turbo'd.
i was talkin bout the d16y8 mani he fitted...
Old 04-04-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MajinB
i was talkin bout the d16y8 mani he fitted...
D16Y IM will be better than the D17 IM, but still not be optimal for boost on the D17.
Old 04-04-2006
DONT PANIC

I swapped the 98 civic LX vertical TB manifold for a D16Y8 one. But on the y8 one, i knife-edged the runners inside the plenum to enhance the flow a bit. It picked up quite a bit of power over the stock manifold. It seriously felt like adding an extra 3 psi.

It also helped out a lot NA (compared to the stock one).

Now i havent put that manifold on a D17, so i dont know the gains on it. But, i would think that it would be better than the stock manifold. I know i felt quite a difference with my GSR manifold.
Old 04-04-2006

Now i havent put that manifold on a D17, so i dont know the gains on it. But, i would think that it would be better than the stock manifold. I know i felt quite a difference with my GSR manifold.
you know ill let you know!!! i bet it will help assloads
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

hm..i wanna see some dynos on this