Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedster is an unknown quantity at this point
Throttle body spacer

Are these things worth getting? They claim to give more hp's and better fuel economy, but I'm sceptical. Anybody have one on their 7thgen?
Old 11-02-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
some people have had them - they said they dont do anything but make your intake hit your hood.
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

brandengump is an unknown quantity at this point
ive had mine for a little while now... i love it. it HAS helped make the car a LITTLE zippier.. other than that i havent noticed better gas, but it sounds amazing, ive had people freak when they hear my car.... its fun... cheap. and i think its worth it.. had no fitment probs by the way
Old 11-02-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
wellll, they work better on cars that the fuel is injected at the throttle body or closer to it than ours. what the spacer does is make the air spiral, if the TB is injecting the fuel then the spacer will make the air/fuel mixture spin and get a better mixture in the air. but our fuel is injected right at the port where it meets the engine so you wont see as much gains as others could however im sure it would give you a few lil horsepower if you had some other engine breather mods (intake exhaust)
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
dude those things seem to get such mixed reviews, "no it doesn't increase hp, yes it does, well it only sounds cool..."

My friend has one on his pt cruiser. It sounds freaking awesome. I really do like it and I know what people mean when they say it sounds like you have a turbo.

However I don't think i'll get one, I don't want to risk making my intake not fit. Well once I get an intake that is.
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
I really like mine but, I also tightened up my throttle body cable in the process of installing the spacer. So I dont know if it is the spacer or the tightening of the cable. I dont really notice the sound but old people still give me that dirty look when I drive next to them so I guess it does make noise. I do hear the whining noise if I am just cruising about 45. I feel like it did make some difference but it is minimal but for 40 bucks I recommend it lol better than 180 for a pulley that will remain nameless.
Old 11-03-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
usually these are known as "phenolic spacers". They are used mainly to increase the plenum capacity which allows your motor to have more air available in the higher RPM ranges.

and i will bet you that the high RPM is exactly where you felt it.
Old 11-03-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
hmmmm how hard was the install im interested in doing this and can someone give me a link to a place that sells em? this might be my under 100 bucks upgrade im looking to do lol
Old 11-03-2005
Banned

Silver7thgen_ex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
OBX makes one, theres also a complany called helix that make a thing called the "power tower" i know for a fact you can get the Helix from O'Reilly's, but you can get however many you want on Ebay from OBX.
Old 11-03-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
I have the Helix TBS. Honestly, I could barely feel the difference in power. I also have an Injen SRI, which was installed prior to getting the Helix, and the sound difference was very minimal. All it did was make my intake some what louder.

Last edited by R1Style; 11-03-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-03-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
our IM design cancels out any spiral that forms. Whatever that does anyway. So no it doesn't work on our cars. The strange noises it makes just fools you into thinking there's more power.
Old 11-05-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
so gearbox ud recomend not doing this mod?
Old 11-05-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well you could, just make sure the intake has enough clearance. mine didn't have enough space. but otheriwse it wouldn't hurt anything. its just a piece of metal.
Old 11-05-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
The only intake that will not have clearance issues with a TBS is the Injen SRI.

Pic of my intake

Old 11-05-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
be the first to have it dyno'd before and after to put all myths to rest
Old 11-05-2005
Registered!!

Redviking is on a distinguished road
What sound does it make? Like a SRI? other?
Old 11-05-2005
Premium Member

i think kinda like a whistle air sound
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

brandengump is an unknown quantity at this point
the sound is just a loud almost likie a spooling turbo sound.. its nuts.. i like it.
Old 11-14-2005
Registered!!

D17CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Redviking
What sound does it make? Like a SRI? other?

it makes like a whirling sound when u rev the engine.

my friend put one on his dodge dakota in just like 5 min tops... and it sounded awesome.

when i get a job... ill be getting one...

this is my friend

http://www.zippyvideos.com/27821303908295.html

Last edited by D17CivicEX; 11-14-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-19-2005
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I remember the Helix Power Tower or whatever it was called. People said it makes your intake hit your hood. Did anyone ever dyno any of these? What other brands are there? I don't want my car to sound like I have a turbo if I really don't.
Old 11-19-2005
Premium Member

you guys can get the tb ported for around $100 and thats a real mod not a ricer junk mod.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

CivicLX_Black should not be trustedCivicLX_Black should not be trusted
well i'm about to buy a Motorvator TB spacer. OBX looks nice but it seems

like a phenolic spacers or like a lug nut with the ridges and all. The

Motorvator looks way different. It actually looks like it could spin some air.

Some one check it out and respond. Also try to see the acutal spacer on the web and not the box. The box look like the OBX box
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
As Gearbox said, boreout TB for $100 ad it WILL give you extra ponies to brag about.....
....If you belive that this spacer adds power, they you must belive into loosing 50 lbs in 1 week with "Super Workout Abs"...Its only 20 min a day and you dont have to change your diet!!!
This spacer adds turbo sound, wich is undoubfuly excelent feature to have, but this niche is already taken by "Turbo Sound" sold allover ebay...Did you guys think about getting that, or you already have it???
What about "Supercharger for $39.99" or "Never-Change-Your-Motor-Oil" lublicants???
I'm hoping you dont have any of this items. I'm hoping all of you do homework before buying anything for your ride.
Remember and Beware: "This items just a marketing trap for an uneducated consumer."
Great thanks (and prep) to whoever started this thread, because I personaly hope that less people will buy this useless product.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
cold air intake

would it fit the injen cold air intake
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

CivicLX_Black should not be trustedCivicLX_Black should not be trusted
the spacer can fit any civic alsong as you modify the intake. I had to use a grinder and a pair of scirssors.
Old 01-03-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
scissors?? for what??
Old 01-07-2006
Registered!!

D17CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by brandengump
ive had mine for a little while now... i love it. it HAS helped make the car a LITTLE zippier.. other than that i havent noticed better gas, but it sounds amazing, ive had people freak when they hear my car.... its fun... cheap. and i think its worth it.. had no fitment probs by the way

dude... that cant be possible... what the tb spacer is designed to do is make the air swirl around, to mix the air and fuel together better... but, since it doesnt do that till its inside... it doesnt do anything.... just makes ur wallet smaller... my friend has one on his 79 firebird... and it did give me a bit more power, since his injectors are sittin on top...
Old 01-07-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
these things do not give you power what so ever. just get your TB port and polished....like gearbox did.
Old 01-07-2006
Premium Member

it can swirl the air big deal then it just gets straightened in the manifold. your intake ports are already roughed up to provide the same effect except it actually works to provide turbulence unlike the spacer which DOES NOT work at all.
Old 01-07-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
yeap I had one and it worked great

then again it was for the extra fuel injection needed for the turbo itslef.

Quick Reply: Throttle body spacer