Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

04 civic lx header question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
firstcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 04 civic lx header question

Whats up everyone, does any of you know if an aftermarket header for a civic ex would fit on my lx, if not, does anyone know where I can find a header for my car? Any answers are very much appreciated. reply or e-mail me @ Jcraft@direcway.com
Old 04-26-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
if you were to get an EX header it would fbolt up, but then you would need an EX downpipe, cat and exhaust because ur cat is up near the header while the EX's is down under the car so all of that would have to be changed
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

ViroHound is an unknown quantity at this point
go to ptuning.com. it's got a few aftermarket headers for civics. i've got an 2001 LX also, and i'm thinking of getting the Kamikaze Headers they've got offered there for 250.00.
Old 04-26-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
yea, but if he gets a kamikaze header.....it wont ever pass emissions....im assuming that you know this also
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

firstcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont need to pass emissions Im from MS I dont believe anyones ever been fined for that judging by some of the POS's around here
Old 05-12-2005
I Am Legend

CGodwin3103 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in process now, should have the lx-ex exhuast manifold swap done by mid-nexxt week. I'm using a oem ex dp and dc headers just to be legal for now.. later I might get a hp header to check power, flow and emissions.. and want to also get a test pipe or high-flow cat and mod the o2 bung so I can just swap out for emissions..

I'll try to remember and post up about it, or just pm me around next wednesday...

(another thing) There is a rumor that you don't have to extend the o2 wires with more wires, rather all you have to do is release so extra slack or some ****.. I will pull the o2's out and check this rumor and determine if it's true or false.. that I will try to post for sure.. lol. (or just pm me)
Old 05-12-2005
I Am Legend

CGodwin3103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by firstcivic
Dont need to pass emissions Im from MS I dont believe anyones ever been fined for that judging by some of the POS's around here
In this case go with the kamikaze, I bought an hp full-race header and high-flow cat for his lx last year on his b-day.. He trimmed the motor mount to fit it, but he said he felt it.. and he pulled well on me..( when I used to street race...)

Howevvvr, I would suggest some real power behind that header.. the piping is HUGE, you would be better off more likely with the HP shorty header (4-1) and a oem ex dp, high-flow cat, or a test pipe..
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

phi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 04 civic lx header question

aye firstcivic i'm from MS also.. that ex exhaust swap sounds complicated..
Old 10-08-2010
Registered!!

shasam1721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 04 civic lx header question

CGodwin3103- did you ever find out if there was some extra slack in the o2 sensor wires to get down to where you'd put a cat for ex swap? i already have headers that'll do the trick for free and i want a greddy se exhaust but they only sell for the ex version and not lx sedan. im really hell bent on getting that exhaust. they said they could make me an adapter for like 200 extra but maybe i can get the ex down pipe and hi flow cat for cheaper. just as long as it wont throw up any CEL after adding the cat. the hi flows normally come with a o2 sensor port?