Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

aem v2 or aem cold air

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
yes sri made out of aluminum or other metals. FIPK and the iceman don't soak up as much engine heat. their materials resist heat. plus the fipk has a heatshield and the iceman's filter is exactly where the stock intake sucks up it's air.
Old 03-22-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
iceman is a cai, isn't it? ... I'm not familiar with the design.

I used to own the fipk as well. it's a great design and great intake ... but imo, will still not make as much power as the injen cai.

aem cai's design is poor and the filter is place very close to the transmission and somewhat close to the header ... but, imo, still better than any sri.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
no the civic iceman is a short ram. i got a thread "iceman vs fipk" which has pics.
Old 03-22-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Get the v2
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

jamie_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by klamslam
so then a short ram AEM is gonna do essentially the same thing for me as a CAI AIM, unless I go with other mods as well? I would like to eventually install a good header and name brand exhaust (when I can afford it). Should I go with the Ram or cold air. I know the filter is critical and I was hoping to install K&M. The problem is, it does rain occasionally here and when it does it ****ing pours? Even If I could get 10 hp (is this unreasonable) out of a good intake I would be happy as hell
haha u wont gain anything close to 10 HP from an intake, maybe 1-2 if your lucky. get a cold air over a ram. but dont buy an intake cuz you think its gonna make you go faster.
Old 03-22-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
imo cai > v2
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

we need some dynos because this is like a never ending argument.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
... but, imo, still better than any sri.
you sellout! i just seen you make an offer on a FIPK SRI intake! Caught you! just buggin
Old 03-23-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kornsined
you sellout! i just seen you make an offer on a FIPK SRI intake! Caught you! just buggin
hehehe ;P

well, I've got a few close calls with hydrolock ... so I've been pretty worried, so imo, aside from cai's, fipk is the BEST intake ... far, far, far better than aem v2.

aem v2 is just the aem sri with a section of bigger piping.

fipk has a velocity stack, which funnels air into the intake pipe. it has a very good design with a lot of research behind it
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

well if you do get it tell us what you think between your CAI vs. the FIPK SRI. i still stand by my statment that the iceman is better then the FIPK since i've had both. although the FIPK is a good intake.
Old 03-23-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by kornsined
well if you do get it tell us what you think between your CAI vs. the FIPK SRI. i still stand by my statment that the iceman is better then the FIPK since i've had both. although the FIPK is a good intake.
if you read one of my posts above, I stated that I did own both of them

I've got an idea ... if you dyno your intake and I'll dyno an injen cai ... then we'll have some real intake dynos ;P

Last edited by aznboysrfr; 03-23-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

czechcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
HAVnt hade the fipk but I know my Iceman kicks ***
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
if you read one of my posts above, I stated that I did own both of them

I've got an idea ... if you dyno your intake and I'll dyno an injen cai ... then we'll have some real intake dynos ;P
yeah i've considered doing a dyno to see where i stand. we'll see once summer finally arrives here. although the results will be with my i/h/e combo.