Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

AEM short ram intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KUNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM short ram intake

Does anyone know if you can buy an cold air extension for the aem short ram intake for an automatic?
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't believe so my man....only injen makes a CAI for the autos......stick with the short ram, they are better for the autos anyway. Your low end power is pretty much shot with an auto, so pack on some high end power, and short rams are perfect for this !!
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

yeah but it's hard to get high rpm's on an auto......you can't hold out the gears, so wouldn't it be better for low end power since we are mostly in low rpm's?
Old 12-20-2001
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
Exactly what I've been saying KUNZ.
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
OK guys we've been over this a hundred times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL AEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CALL ANY SHOP THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT
peace trevor,,,,,,,,,,,,,[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

AND that is why AEM doesnt make CAI FOR A AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND THEY DONT MAKE A SRI FOR THE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they DYNO'D their products and the ones that show'd the most hp gains,,they mfg'd.

Injen made SRI for the manual and CAI for the auto,,,,,,,,,,dont know why,,,,but they did,,,,,,,prob. for people like coupe stlyze and me.....

i have a 5speed and got SRI for many reasons,,,,,,if i was into HP that much i would of went w/ CAI.......but it really doesnt matter cause its not a HUGE hp gain anywayz,,,,,,and i plan on NITROUS later.......

peace trevor
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

How can you guys say that an auto stays in the low end....??
I have an auto and I can keep it above 4000 RPM, it's called giving it gas....i can take mine to redline, make it drop back to 4000 and back to redline again through all the gears. And KUNZ, you can hold out on the gears, just give it steady gas. If you give it steady gas and then floor it when it hits four thousand, you jump up to redline quick, and if you let off the gas right before the gear change, and gas it again, it will hover right there at 4000 RPM, and then right back up to redline. But if you drive economically it will change gears at 3000 or so, but with the throttle wide open, it is very easy to keep an auto in the high end.....if you have an auto, try this out..... Give it steady gas, but not to the floor, when it gets near 3500 RPM, punch it, it will go to redline in a heartbeat, and right before the gear change, slightly let off the gas, and as soon as it changes to the next gear, gas that thing again, and back up to redline you will go. Over and over, and eventually you will get really good at it and you can keep that auto in the high end, no problem.....

BTW...dyno's show no difference between a SRI and a CAI, but dynos are sitting still, so when the car is moving, you may get like 1 more horse at the most. But in actuallity, there's no difference. All intake do what they are supposed to do, suck in more air and replace the restrictive stock air box.
Old 12-20-2001
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
stay stock... I'd rather stay stock, to have some guarantee of a certain amount of horsepower... than throw in an SRI or CAI and mess with the power curve... loosing some torque or hp here and HOPING to gain some here and there...

I went back to stock recently... I can definitely tell a difference... I'll post some more about it when I have time to... kinda out of the country right now. heh.
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

but you want better low end power to take off faster?
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

CALL AEM

peace[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

Dude....no matter what you do, the take off in a 4 cylinder Honda is gonna suck anyways......
Especially if you have a VTEC engine....a VTEC engine has a power band in the higher RPMs...from 4000 to redline, so why not add to that by going high end ? And torque just get's the car moving, and Hondas have sh*itty torque anyways.....so Horses is the what to focus on. But do whatever you wish my man...I plan on going all high end, and when they come out with a good supercharger, I will throw that on to balance out the high-end and the low-end. And it will smoke !!
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

Cowboy is an unknown quantity at this point
It also depends where you do youre racing. For people that race on the road and on the interstate, low end is not a problem because you are already rolling along good. But like antidote said you arent going to get a whole lot of jump of the line anyways. It is just the way it go's.
Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

Yeah but it will help at the line. I beat out Mustangs now exect for Cobra's. I don't know so everyone says get a short ram aem......that's the best huh??