Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

what are the best performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civiccowboy will become famous soon enough
what are the best performance mods?

I was wondering what the best performance mods are for our cars. Some companies claim a power increase but, don't always deliver. What mods work and what ones don't?!
Old 12-07-2001
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mattskav is an unknown quantity at this point
so far... an intake system and nos - the verdict is still out on the exhaust systems - and untill I see a dyno sheet or a track slip there is no proof that exhausts are actually effective.
Old 12-07-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best mods...hmmm...there are so many to choose from. I can tell you what I have and want.
I have an AEM Short Ram (better higher end power, sice I have an EX with a VTEC engine.
I have DC Sports ceramic coated 4-1 headers, and I am about to get the DC Sports TCS exhaust.

But perofrmance wise, you want to get those first, in this order...the intake, the headers, then the cat-back.
But stick with Greddy, DC Sports, Injen and AEM. They are the best available IMO. Do you have an automatic or a standard ?
AEM makes a short ram for the auto, but no cold air, Injen makes both a cold air and a short ram for both the auto and manual.
AEM makes a cold air for the manual. Headers and cat-back, there are no sytipulations on what you can get for the auto and manual. If you have anymore questions, e-mail me.

My Email Address
Old 12-07-2001
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
IMHO... DC Sports rear tie bar, and 17" rims with 215 40zr17's on it. .. no drop, no perfomrance shocks.. this will make the largest performance difference there is for our cars next to NOS. Striahgt line speed wise, Intake, Jet Performance reprogrammed ECU,.. then Headers, exhaust(so far best proven dyno from H/E is 2 HP more and a loss of torque up to 4000Rpms.. Personally.. I'm not too into top speed, and more into driving like a friggen maniac.. so for me suspension mods and sound system come before anything else..

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 12-07-2001
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
Best performance mod right now?? Trade your car in and get a car made for performance!