Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

DIY Intake (PIC uploaded)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheukkin is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question....why do you guyz diy intake rather than some $30-$50 generic ones?
Old 10-24-2004
Banned

civictuner should not be trustedcivictuner should not be trustedcivictuner should not be trustedcivictuner should not be trustedcivictuner should not be trustedcivictuner should not be trusted
put the tubing right under the cruise control box next by not too close to the sterring arm right where the hole in the wheel well is
Old 10-24-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cheukkin
I have a question....why do you guyz diy intake rather than some $30-$50 generic ones?

"becuz" It's fun to fabricate your own stuff, so your car stays more true to your style.. plus like in USAFstud's case, he knows exactly what angles to put piping and everything since he is an engineer and knows how to be most efficient.
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by usafstud
i seen the set up you are planning to do. it was on the ENDLESS honda challenge EG. they cut a hole in their front bumper and had an air duct run up to their short ram intake that was surrounded by a heat shield

most(99%) of people on this site don't really know anything.

they go to high school and think they know more than a driver that track their car and who works as an real engineer. my friends work and own some of the largest car shops in united states. i know the best drivers in the nation. my friend finished 2nd in the formula D competition. i get my info from them and my engineering knowlege. unless you surmerge ur intake into a pot of water, no problem.

have fun with ur situp
This dude is kind of pissing me off. Just because your a mechanical engineer don't mean ****. Cocky bastard who thinks hes better than everyone else. . For USAF's info, not everyone on this site is a dumbshit. I am a senior who will be completing his mechanical engineering degree soon. Stop underestimating people. Try kindly explaining to them you reasoning instead of insulting their intelligence.
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

cheukkin is an unknown quantity at this point
plus like in USAFstud's case, he knows exactly what angles to put piping and everything since he is an engineer and knows how to be most efficient.
In USAFstud's case, his intake is kinda ugly to me and the hole he cut is so "professional" unless I never seem any engineers would cut a hole on the bumper that "nice". Second, for our little engine, how well he expected to increase the hp of a little mod for our intake? 0.01 or 0.02hp with that crapping effort? Third, I don't know is he living in a desert without rain for all seasons or not but once it's rain, his engine will fuggup definitely. If he thinks water and intake filter can get along with each others, there will no any water bypass's stuff issued in the market. Okey or we ASSUME he is living in a place with no "rainning", then the outside temperture should be hot tho then why he still wanna sux up the hot air from outside? As well as there is no any expectations while you are driving like "bird's ****"...if the bird poo poo on your filter, I think if would be quite interesting..
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

gusgus0513 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ellocodetroit
This site has so many haters it ain't even funny.
so true
Old 10-24-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
yea too many haters. well i updated the intake. moved it so the opening is right behind the front grill.
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

03_civic_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
run the tube to the bottom of the car make it cold air
Old 10-25-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
na there is alot of flooding around here and i dont want to risk hydrolock for 1 hp.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

02ciVike is an unknown quantity at this point
That is not going to do anything but make the car slower.
Old 10-31-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Some of the generic intakes make you lose power.