Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

clutch/flywheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rowdy847 is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch/flywheel setup

i know there are scattered threads about clutches and flywheels for our 7th gens on the site but i want to know opinions about what's the best. im looking to spend the least to get the best performance out of my daily driver. anyone who knows about or has an upgraded clutch/flywheel please reply. thanks.

oops i guess i accidentally posted this in the wrong forum

Last edited by rowdy847; 06-29-2004 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rowdy847
i know there are scattered threads about clutches and flywheels for our 7th gens on the site but i want to know opinions about what's the best. im looking to spend the least to get the best performance out of my daily driver. anyone who knows about or has an upgraded clutch/flywheel please reply. thanks.

oops i guess i accidentally posted this in the wrong forum
The Exedy Organic is the best clutch kit for the least amount of money. It offers a 69% increase in torque capacity over stock and has less of an increase in pedal pressure compared to other models.

The ACT Streetlite and Prolite Flywheels are very popular. I'm running an ACT Streetlite with boost and IMO it's perfect. If you want to stay N/A then go with the ACT Prolite. Be careful though because the Prolite will affect daily driving in that you'll have to shift faster to stay in your power band.
Old 06-29-2004
Registered!!

i am planning on staying N/A for a while, simply beacuse i wont really have the funds to drop into a turbo anytime soon. i may get like a 50 shot of spray though. so the prolite is the way to go? i was thinkin the streetlite just cuz it is not as extreme. i think i will go with the exedy organic clutch though. i like that its 100 less than the ACT and from what ive been hearing its just as good.

Last edited by rowdy847; 06-29-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-29-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
get the fidanza 7lbs flywheel, it will mate with any clutch... i just wouldnt use it with the stock one... it revs up really nice for N/A

some ppl say its too light.. i say you wont know til you try it
Old 06-29-2004
Your Parts Guy

Originally Posted by rowdy847
i am planning on staying N/A for a while, simply beacuse i wont really have the funds to drop into a turbo anytime soon. i may get like a 50 shot of spray though. so the prolite is the way to go? i was thinkin the streetlite just cuz it is not as extreme. i think i will go with the exedy organic clutch though. i like that its 100 less than the ACT and from what ive been hearing its just as good.
If you are worried about extreme defintely do not get the Fidanza flywheel. The Streetlite will give you better drivability but for performance I'd go with the Prolite.

The Exedy Organic is better than the ACT HDSS IMO.
Old 06-29-2004
Registered!!

orso is an unknown quantity at this point
the street lite is your best bet. the prolite will be too light without having a built up motor. you still need some weight for interia so you don't have to sacrifice streetability.
Old 06-29-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by StreetLevelPerformance
If you are worried about extreme defintely do not get the Fidanza flywheel. The Streetlite will give you better drivability but for performance I'd go with the Prolite.

The Exedy Organic is better than the ACT HDSS IMO.
have you tried the fidanza flywheel? dont judge unless you have tried it, the fidanza is very streetable if you have a street disk... the largest difference ive noticed was that it reved up faster, much faster, but it still is drivable, so unless you've tried it, dont judge the product
Old 06-30-2004
Your Parts Guy

Originally Posted by WannaBFast
have you tried the fidanza flywheel? dont judge unless you have tried it, the fidanza is very streetable if you have a street disk... the largest difference ive noticed was that it reved up faster, much faster, but it still is drivable, so unless you've tried it, dont judge the product
Yes I've driven cars when the fidanza flywheel installed and it's too light for someone worried about extreme. I was not judging the product I was making a recommendation based on what he was looking for.

He said: "i was thinkin the streetlite just cuz it is not as extreme"

I said: "If you are worried about extreme defintely do not get the Fidanza flywheel"

Relax.
Old 07-05-2004
Registered!!

thanks for the feedback everyone. i still dont understand the difference of lighter flywheel vs heavier. does it decelerate extremely quick or something? can anyone explain the negatives of a lighter flywheel for me please?

Last edited by rowdy847; 07-05-2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

well the lighter flywheel lets you rev up faster, but doesnt maintain momentum, it should be fine if you go 60% lighter than the stock flywheel, if you go any lighter and you will have issues starting and shifting cause the revs would drop way too fast unless you kept your foot on the gas through the gears

if you like to engine brake, with the fidanza flywheel, it doesnt slow down under load
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

i am leaning towards the fidanza or pro lite. if it is too light i can always change it. how much different will the performance really be though? so it revs fast does that mean you actually accelerate faster?
Old 07-08-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

well under load it revs up faster.. which in turn means you accelerate faster