Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

AEM V2 poorly constructed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
AEM V2 poorly constructed?

I just ebayed for an AEM V2 about 4 days ago, and lately I've been seeing threads where someone will say that their AEM V2 broke either at the bracket or it just broke... has this happened to a lot of people? is the intake not reliable? (Yeah, i know the FIPK is better, but i got a decent deal and I wanted to try it)

If it has broken on you, how hard is it to get a refund or an exchange?
Old 05-28-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
AEM intake sux but they have good other products

Injen or K&N are top of the line for our gen
Old 05-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
My AEM SRI was okay, but the filter started to shred apart from some plastic piece. Other wise it's really just a pipe. Live and learn I guess Maybe you'll have good luck with the V2.
Old 05-29-2004
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Most ppl dont have problems with the V2... but I was one of the unfortunate ones... but they do offer a Lifetime warrnaty.... just a hassle when it's broken and dont have a car to use, or have to put the stock one back on.